Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham charged

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Premier League have charged West Ham with a breach of Premier League rules
in relation to the signings of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano. The
Argentinian internationals joined the Hammers in August, although Mascherano has
subsequently moved to Liverpool.

021609 MAR 07

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
sunshine said:
Any news on fines and point deductions?

Women again always jumping the gun, back to the kitchen you go!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
sunshine said:
Any news on fines and point deductions?

Ah, my on screen wife!, seems that the pundits think 6 points and or fine, however West Ham have already says they will contest any punishment as it took place under the prior management structure

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Possible punishments if guilty are virtually limitless, up to expulsion from the Premier League. Fine, points deduction, games replayed - you name it.

They will have to hit them hard if guilty, as there are precedents and relegation rivals will see to it it gets plenty of coverage.

We might as well wade in over the Cup tie, kick them a bit while they're down and vulnerable. How pissed off must Egg-head be.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Ah, my on screen wife!, seems that the pundits think 6 points and or fine, however West Ham have already says they will contest any punishment as it took place under the prior management structure

I'm not sure that would work, it didn't with Chesterfield anyway.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
rool said:
I'm not sure that would work, it didn't with Chesterfield anyway.

Yeah, good point. Opinion seems pretty divided over likely outcome, but whatever is decided it must be consistent... I was reading the other day that AFC Wimbledon have been deducted 18 points for fielding a 36 year old clogger from Wales and not declaring him as an "International Player" he only came over the f*cking Severn bridge!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
As previously stated, AFC Wimbledon and Bury (quite rightly) recived severe(spl?) punishments for very simillar offences. I await West Ham to get a points deduction and be kicked out of competitions. I won't hold my breath though!':censored:

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yeah, good point. Opinion seems pretty divided over likely outcome, but whatever is decided it must be consistent... I was reading the other day that AFC Wimbledon have been deducted 18 points for fielding a 36 year old clogger from Wales and not declaring him as an "International Player" he only came over the f*cking Severn bridge!
yer and the baest bit is he's english

is it right that west ham have only got 3 points without tevez playing?

they could take away all points gained with him in the team

not that it would make much difference to the hammers at the mo though

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Statto said:
As previously stated AFC Wimbledon and Bury (quite rightly) recived severe(spl?) punishments for very simmilar offences. I await West Ham to get a points deduction and be kcicked out of competitions. I wont hold my breath though':censored:

I concur.

Incidentally, I love the way you put the (spl?) on one of the few words you spelt right!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Tooting Gull said:
Possible punishments if guilty are virtually limitless, up to expulsion from the Premier League. Fine, points deduction, games replayed - you name it.

They will have to hit them hard if guilty, as there are precedents and relegation rivals will see to it it gets plenty of coverage.

We might as well wade in over the Cup tie, kick them a bit while they're down and vulnerable. How pissed off must Egg-head be.
They are as good as down anyway:D

Reckon the best option is expulsion from the f.a cup next season:clap:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Im confused they have just asked curbs if he can play tevez tomoro and he said yes !

why?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
if they get points deduction and appeal do they run the risk of it going on past end of season and losing the points next year ? thinking about it if they been charged by the prem it prob cant affect the championship :angry:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Yep....we've been charged by the prem....not the FA so any punishment will not affect the cup game.

I don't know if the FA can charge us too.....however with Sir Trevor of Brooking up their arses, i doubt if it will happen ;)

WRT punishment, a points deduction looks likliest although we're already down and any points deduction will not affect next season in the championship. However, if...and it's a big if, we get promoted again, i don't know if the points deduction can be carried forward to then.

However, all this bollocks with the Argies happened when Pardew and Terrence Brown were at the helm. We now have new owners and a new manager and the club will argue that the Argies were signed under a previous regime.
This happened with tottenham in 1994 and Alan Sugar successfully launched a legal challenge to their points deduction as he'd just bought the club.

Just another day at the west ham circus :down:

West Ham have already says they will contest any punishment as it took place under the prior management structure

I've never understood this argument, especially in a footballing context. They didn't ask the Premier League to take away all the points they collected under the previous regime did they?! It's tantamount to saying "this person made a mistake, but we've sacked that person now, so we shouldn't be punished". They want to take all the benefits from the previous management, but not any of the problems.

The club made a mistake, the club must now pay for it. Who made the mistake is neither here nor there.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
How about West Ham are forced to start FA Cup in 1st Round (them taking our place) and we take their place starting off in the 3rd round. Next season of course

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here