Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Different positions, and they start instead of come on from the bench. However Maupay and Connolly named to play reminds me of when Barry Lloyd made a double substitution bringing on Geoff Cooper and John Crumplin and a good chunk of the Goldstone crowd went home. Go on then Maupay and Connolly, take some chances for once.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Finding it hard to get motivated for this. Would love Potter to prove me wrong but think it'll be much of the same. All the possession, none of the goals.

Yup. The apathy normally lasts a day after we lose, but this week, I just don't see us scoring a goal for the rest of the season. I'm hoping the good guys prove me wrong.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yep.
Earlier in the season you park the bus and take a point, 3 is a bonus. Now they have very little option but to go for the win. They probably need to win at least half of their remaining games to even stand a chance.
The other teams around us will definitely 'do a Palace' but I think WBA have no other option but to show at least some intent.
(I'm desperately hoping so anyway).

They aren’t good enough to play on the front foot and Big Sam knows that. They would be delighted to stay in the game at 0-0 after 75/80 minutes and then they might start committing more bodies forward.

Before that no chance, they know the blue print from our other fixtures.

Plus the last ten minutes haven’t been kind to us recently, with the Palace and Leicester cup game.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Lamptey still out, gutted his missed so many games 17 with his suspension :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here