Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West bound Brighton trains today...

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Shambles post match at Brighton Station going west of Brighton. What was going on with the barrier separation? That in itself is OK...but the staff didn't all know what was going on and gave different information...

What was bad though, is that my cousin and I got separated in the rush to get to the platform for train back Portsmouth direction: he had got through but I hadn't...the train was let go early because it was full, and lots of very angry people waiting at the barrier. As it turned out, the train wasn't full. Seats yes. But none of the aisles were used for standing, and some of the door standing space were not to capacity either.

This is the fourth time in a row this has happened now, poor management...

Seemed to anger a lot of people, including myself, which is a shame because the day was incredible apart from that!

WE..ARE...TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Last edited:

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Apologies, I didn't clarify this AT ALL! I mean post match from Brighton station: west bound. Falmer train travel was great today I thought. It was going further afield from Brighton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apologies, I didn't clarify this AT ALL! I mean post match from Brighton station: west bound. Falmer train travel was great today I thought. It was going further afield from Brighton.

Was that the 17:33 as we were not allowed on it either, my mates did and guess what the front carriage was nearly empty despite being told it was full and standing !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Post-match train was a breeze today. Hung back for a beer, then boarded the 17.38 to Brighton.

We got there in plenty of time for the 18.03 westbound and got a seat no probs. However, it actually left Brighton at 17.58 (not 18.03 as scheduled) and there was PLENTY of room on it still. I remarked that I wouldn't be best pleased had I been scrambling to make that one and see it leave 5 mins early. The woman next to me said it'd probably wait longer at Hove so it would "catch up" with its proper scheduled time.

And sure enough...

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Was that the 17:33 as we were not allowed on it either, my mates did and guess what the front carriage was nearly empty despite being told it was full and standing !

I was on the 17.33 to Southampton. Got on the platform just before they shut the barrier. Yes it was rammed on the platform as the train pulled in. BUT when that train left there was LOADS of space on it, I was in coach 4 of 7 and there was only ONE person standing. I said at the time I can't believe they haven't let anymore on.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Post-match train was a breeze today. Hung back for a beer, then boarded the 17.38 to Brighton.

We got there in plenty of time for the 18.03 westbound and got a seat no probs. However, it actually left Brighton at 17.58 (not 18.03 as scheduled) and there was PLENTY of room on it still. I remarked that I wouldn't be best pleased had I been scrambling to make that one and see it leave 5 mins early. The woman next to me said it'd probably wait longer at Hove so it would "catch up" with its proper scheduled time.

And sure enough...

It was this train that they wouldn't let us on!

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Changing trains at Brighton was a real nightmare today. Its been OK every other match so why change it?

I think the stewards from Bennets field car park have been moved there.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Changing trains at Brighton was a real nightmare today. Its been OK every other match so why change it?

I think the stewards from Bennets field car park have been moved there.

Totally agree, if it ain't broke and all that. What made this worse was that there was no communication from the platform staff and when challenged the kid just looked gormless and did not answer. Could get a bit messy if they don't sort this out.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
sorry if we held you up

Attachments

• train.bmp
    147.9 KB · Views: 124

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
You had to do the reverse going east for the match. Perhaps they want to check people's travel vouchers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here