Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wesley and Heaton out for the season (Villa)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Heaton will be missed, Wesley is probably a blessing in disguise.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
None of them are irreplaceable but that said it's not going to be easy and if they get the wrong players they are royally ****ed. Not like losing Grealish though which would have been insta-relegation.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure why everyone is taking the piss out of Wesley. He looks quite good whenever I’ve seen him, he has a good combination of pace and power, and he’s integral to how they play. Plus, 6 goals in 21 is not too bad for a player new to the PL. It’s pretty similar to what Maupay has done this season. Bearing in mind how hard it is to sign proven strikers, especially in January, I’d say this is very bad news for Villa.

Quite. 22 million quid striker who starts every game but no loss eh?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My Villa supporting relative is fuming, said if it weren’t for bad luck Villa would have no luck. Should be 10 points better off with all their misfortune. Expects them to spend BIG again in January, some £75-100m available.

I can think of one bit of luck where they got 3 points instead of the 0 they would probably have got if the other team had kept 11 on the pitch. Is that deducted from the 10 points better off calculation?

Nasty team that would be nailed on to go down if they didn’t have Grealish

I hope you let your relative know that he is as deluded as most Villa fans?

Even with a massive war chest not many decent players would agree to sign for a team that looks a likely bet for relegation. It’s a problem Albion had for a couple of seasons too. Very expensive Loans are the way forward for them.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think Wesley has been pretty good whenever I've seen him.

I have a hunch they'll stay up.

If they drop we haven't got a sniff of a chance of Grealish but I'd love a bit of Connor Hourihane here.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Heaton has been quality for them so that's a big loss. If Grealish were to get injured too they are stuffed.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The Villa news should serve as another reminder to the club that if Maupay suffered a lengthy injury we would be in trouble. We must sign a striker during this window.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
haven't they lost McGinn already?

Yes. He suffered an ankle fracture and isn't expected back to March, given there's not much strength in depth then it should affect them badly (which is obviously good news for us). Can definitely seen them being one of the teams that hit a bad patch.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wesley is a huge loss, being that he's played every game this season and completed the majority of them.

I can think of one bit of luck where they got 3 points instead of the 0 they would probably have got if the other team had kept 11 on the pitch. Is that deducted from the 10 points better off calculation?

Nasty team that would be nailed on to go down if they didn’t have Grealish

I hope you let your relative know that he is as deluded as most Villa fans?

Even with a massive war chest not many decent players would agree to sign for a team that looks a likely bet for relegation. It’s a problem Albion had for a couple of seasons too. Very expensive Loans are the way forward for them.

He is very arrogant when it comes to Villa but many of their fans are, he tells me how their chief exec last season said despite Wolverhampton’s success they ‘dominate’ the Midlands and are the only team from that patch of national importance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here