Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you there - outside the West Stand after the Sudbury town replay??

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Rochdale away was a great effort by those present.

Little convoy of cars and our mini-bus chasing the coach.

Remember the teams chip shop stop being disrupted and remember the coach returning to Spotland and Denny Mundee saying (fag in mouth) "if you get hold of the c*nt I hope you kill him".

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
BensGrandad said:
I remember after a game talking to Jimmy Case about our poor performance and he told me it wasn't his fault he was only obeying orders! Somebody please enlighten me which game it was as it is killing me. The team coach was backed up to the changing room doors on a large car park and it was suggested that Bellotti had been smuggled into the boot and released when the coach reached the motorway just down the road. It was a midweek match. Please help!!
sure that was donny away when we lost 3 0 and were 6 pts adrift but could av been any of a few away games

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Albionite83 said:
The atmosphere after that Darlo game was easily the most poisonous at any time of the protests. If some of those people had got hold of Bellotti that night, I honestly believe they would have killed him.
have to agree with that things really looked so disastours that night!i was around the back of the west stand when case come out

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I was at pretty much all of this and remember it well.

However, I was only a kid and the old man would not let me join in. Seeing as he paid for me to go to the games and took me to them, I couldn't very well argue!

denny mundee was always a legend, a very unprofessional legend!

I reckon the atmosphere at the York game was more poissonous than the Darlo one, but as I say I was young and so don't know that much.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Outside the West Stand after the Hereford walkout was hilarious -some geekish geezer got up on the wall to speak and as soon as he opened his mouth he got drowned out with abuse and "Who the fuckin hell are you?" A few smirks as Atilla got up too, and for some reason chants about the Dutch national team. I was in tears from laughing so much.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cheeky Monkey said:
Outside the West Stand after the Hereford walkout was hilarious -some geekish geezer got up on the wall to speak and as soon as he opened his mouth he got drowned out with abuse and "Who the fuckin hell are you?" A few smirks as Atilla got up too, and for some reason chants about the Dutch national team. I was in tears from laughing so much.

And someone had a fliar.

A really SHIT flair at that.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Remember Darlo well, accompanying my Dad as a guest of the corporate sponsors so sitting in the west stand. Couldn't get out afterwards coz of you lot :D and everyone inside was freaking out a bit. You were very, very close to getting through the doors - wonder what would have happened then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here