Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you there: Barnet defeat at Pissfield.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Following on from the thread asking what you were doing on that fateful night, let's see what proportion that crowd are NSC posters.

One of the lowest points supporting the Albion.

I'll start the ball rolling...

I WAS THERE :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chances are that I was there but I can no longer actually remember many specific games. It seems to me that most games we played shit, we invariably lost and very few games were remotely memorable. f*** I'm getting really depressed just thinking about how awful those days were

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was one of the 1,025 at that game, it was indeed a very low point.

0-3 at "home" to Barnet.......shudder............

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I believe the 'There's no one there, there's no one there' chant got a fair bit of use that evening.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I remember being in a pub near the ground - The Livingstone, I think it was called - at the usual time before the game. Normally you'd at least have to wait for someone else to be served. When we walked in there was NO-ONE in there at all. 1 hour before kick-off. We had to check that there really was a game on. Didn't take long to get home that day though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not for that game no.

But I did go a few times over those two years.

Ah yes..... no fireworks that night. And the bus broke down on the M20 and we were stranded on the hard shoulder somewhere in Kent, watching other people's fireworks displays there until B&H buses could send a replacecment............ from brighton.

My season ticket enabled me not to miss a match at Pissfield that season.

And I renewed it:eek::ohmy:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I was there and took a Norwich-supporting mate with me for some reason.

he tried to be polite but couldn't hide his disbelief at just how shite we were.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I was at home id imagine, although i was only 7 at the time so its very hard to imagine exactly where i was. Id have a guess i was at home watching Captain Scarlet.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I was there. I was sitting on the wall eating some chips when the Barnet supporters coach drove by with the Barnet supporters giving it large.

He who laughs last...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No I wasn't there, I think I was in Germany but I wouldn't have gone anyway as I didn't go to the night games at Gillingham.

Saturdays at Priestfield were bad enough; although for personal, family reasons I think I'm the only person who actually looks back at the Gillingham days with an element of nostalgia!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here