Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you born in Brighton....or Hove actually??

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Born 1962 in Brighton Maternity Hospital in Buckingham Road, just up from the Station,.... closed down in 1967 though.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Born at home in Southwick, 1962, lived in Brighton and then Hove between !984 and 1990, moved to Portslade, and have now lived in Sompting since 2001.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Zachary Merton by any chance? Now a retirement home, so gone full circle. Born there, raised in Patcham till I was one, then moved to Kew in South West London till I was six; been back in Sussex in the East Grinstead area ever since, but spend part of my time in London now.

Mum worked as an orderly at the ZM before she met Dad, otherwise I would probably have been born in Brighton. When did Buckingham Road shut? I was born in 1969.
I too was born in in 1969 and also born at the Zachery and also raised in Patcham!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First shout for Cuckfield Hosptial here, 1965. Moved to Brighton in 1986 - probably never to leave now :thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Hove, St Aubyns (don't know what number) in 1953, brought up in Shoreham lived in Sompting since 1981.

Born in Sussex County lived most of my young life around fiveways (Downs Primary and Junior School, Varndean and Varndean 6th Form). Worked at the pit head (sorry Amex). Then went to University in Leeds and moved to London in '95...now live in SE London/Kent Borders

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I was born in Shoreham-by-Sea (Southlands Hospital) and grew up in Worthing (until the age of three) and Lancing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Poll ? I was shocked to discover my Great, Great Grandfather was a Man of Kent: a bloody Jute and I thought I was Sussex. Horror probe. Do not look into your past, you may have foreign blood! Saxon name though. Otherwise it was Poet's Corner (grandparents) and Shoreham. Granddad worked on the turnstiles @ the Goldstone.

Last edited:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Yet another Buckingham Road, May 1969 :cry: naughty boy, nothing's changed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here