Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're very nearly a decent lower mid-table team.....

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Leon wasn't very happy when he was subbed threw all the toys out of the pram! :lolol: Mc ghee was fuming at leon about 5 minutes before he bought him off because reid played a ball down the line out of defence and no one was there, mc ghee felt knight should have worked the line better and so did bob booker and leon wasnt having any of it, just turned the other way, i would think thats why mc ghee bought him off.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sir danny cullip said:
Leon wasn't very happy when he was subbed threw all the toys out of the pram! :lolol: Mc ghee was fuming at leon about 5 minutes before he bought him off because reid played a ball down the line out of defence and no one was there, mc ghee felt knight should have worked the line better and so did bob booker and leon wasnt having any of it, just turned the other way, i would think thats why mc ghee bought him off.

Well thats just f***ing stupid then

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Infernal Optimist said:
Do wonder what game some people on here are watching. Seb was poor tonight, he has been excellent this season but tonight I thought he had his worse game for the Albion.

Frutos on the other hand was MOM in my opinion, followed by McShane. Henderson nearly signed off with one of the best saves I ever seen, shame about the rebound.

How people can slag off Knight when he was at the heart of nearly every decent move we had is beyond me.

People slag leon off because he often appears to swagger around rather than closing down etc although imo his work rate has improved a lot this season and last. CKR seems to have a bit of the leon swagger about him as well, i know all really good players, and especially goalscorers, have it but at vital moments they seem uninterested (is that a word?!)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sir danny cullip said:
People slag leon off because he often appears to swagger around rather than closing down etc although imo his work rate has improved a lot this season and last. CKR seems to have a bit of the leon swagger about him as well, i know all really good players, and especially goalscorers, have it but at vital moments they seem uninterested (is that a word?!)

Its leons game you either take it or leave it - this team needs leon and its about people noticed this

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
Well thats just f***ing stupid then

It was a lack of respect shown by leon to turn away and not listen to the advice of his manager. Mc ghee did also mention on SCR that he felt leon and colin tired towards the end and failed to hold the ball up as effectively, could have been a combination of both him being tired and the incident with mc ghee, just seemed strange he opted to sub knight rather than CKR or Jake which he has usually done this year.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
London Irish said:
Frustrating tonight, but a fair result.

Congratulations to Glen Hoddle, tactical genius :clap: :clap: Without his goal-machine strikers, he then leaves out his most telented player Seol who was instrumental in taking 4 points off us last year.

I'm scratching my head as to where that decision situation came from.... :nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
What the f*** is a 'decent lower mid-table team' when it's at home?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
sir danny cullip said:
reid played a ball down the line out of defence and no one was there

Much as I love him for his all round effort and commitment, a video of Paul Reid's passes out of defence this evening would make truely horrific viewing!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Titanic said:
Much as I love him for his all round effort and commitment, a video of Paul Reid's passes out of defence this evening would make truely horrific viewing!
He's not left footed is he.

KinkyGoebels said:
Its leons game you either take it or leave it

Well, McGhee left it tonight and as good thing too - shame he wasn't as firm with CKR, who I'm not sure has quite the maturity yet to work flat out for 90 minutes. But it's giving an opening to the Argie..............

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Titanic said:

So true, feel sorry for him though because at right back his distribution is solid and his game when we signed him was actually as a semi creative midfield player (best we had at the time), certainly not even a right back let alone a left back!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Titanic said:

But its leons fault for not beiong able to run 70 m in .6 of a second

The Laughing Bluebird said:
What the f*** is a 'decent lower mid-table team' when it's at home?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Look up "Cardiff" at the end of this season :thumbsup:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Well, McGhee left it tonight and as good thing too - shame he wasn't as firm with CKR, who I'm not sure has quite the maturity yet to work flat out for 90 minutes. But it's giving an opening to the Argie..............

Agree about freddie getting closer to a chance. Interesting call on the phone in saying that maybe target men would work with our wide men functioning so well, a certain mark mc cammon was even mentioned!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
But its leons fault for not beiong able to run 70 m in .6 of a second

If you're talking about when mc ghee had a go at knight then the ball out of defence from reid was one of the best ones of the night just a knock down the line as he was under some pressure, leon stood in the centre circle rather than working the line as mc ghee wants his strikers to do, thats why he got annoyed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought Leon did well tonight and was purely frustrated by the lack of support.

KinkyGoebels said:
They have the points on the board, rather be in that situation

They'll fall away, they always do. Those Cardiff lot aren't the biggest morose fuckers around for no reason, it's Pavlovian training supporting their shit team season after season :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

sir danny cullip said:
Agree about freddie getting closer to a chance. Interesting call on the phone in saying that maybe target men would work with our wide men functioning so well, a certain mark mc cammon was even mentioned!

I wouldn't dare :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here