Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're very nearly a decent lower mid-table team.....

Frustrating tonight, but a fair result.

Congratulations to Glen Hoddle, tactical genius :clap: :clap: Without his goal-machine strikers, he then leaves out his most telented player Seol who was instrumental in taking 4 points off us last year.

Glad we caught Wolves not at their best, because they will improve, and their movement in the first half had us gasping at times.

But I think our two French guys dragged us back into the game and their running had Wolves in trouble at times.

We know about Seb, who is one of those players you would pay money just to go and watch for that reason alone (how great that Brighton has one of those at last), but another step foward for Frutos tonight.

He really is a younger, improved version of Nathan Jones, same workrate as Jonah, but quicker and a better eye for goal.

A few of our players had a difficult second half, Reidy again struggled and CKR after a good shift fell away and it was his poor touch that led to the counterattack for the Wolves goal - but that had been coming with the Wolves pressure (there was a case for trying El Turi instead of CKR). Knight was a passenger all game and he will have to do much better than that to hold his place. I thought the midfield two tried hard but were very uneven in their effectiveness, Alexis got some good tackles in but struggled coming forward, whereas Hammond drifted in and out of the game and missed a sitter to finish the game (Seb had a slightly harder chance from a more difficult angle). The central defensive two did well I thought, Butters has much more skill and touch that he sometimes given credit for and McShane was good apart from the silly booking.

Plenty of food for thought but still the midfield and the front two look a little too lightweight and unbalanced. But McGhee is doing the best he can with the squad and we will continue to fight and I think we will keep our noses just ahead of the trouble.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And i assume you are talking about the same Knight that help set up the Brighton goal and the set up Hammond with a great switch through ball?

KinkyGoebels said:
Seb needs to learn to pass once in a while

It wasn't his best game, he lost possession a little too much, he could have done better with that goal chance, but bloody hell, the guy's a football genius - he has the same skill as Leon Knight but can ACTUALLY RUN WITH A BIT OF PACE :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Did you see that moment on the North Stand touchline where he feinted about six of seven times and just completely bemused 3 Wolves guys?

It really lifts the spirits that :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

KinkyGoebels said:
And i assume you are talking about the same Knight that help set up the Brighton goal and the set up Hammond with a great switch through ball?

Good luck defending your fave player after a performance like that. Did he touch the ball more than 4 times? :lolol:

KinkyGoebels said:
Yes but what came of it?

The best applauded throw-in you'll ever see at Withdean :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
While setting up the goal and creating another golden chance you mean?

dont need to mate, think most people saw the utter lack of creativaty when he came off.

KinkyGoebels said:
and thats why brighton will more than likely go down

I won £10 off you with morose traitor talk that last season - want another bet? :love:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Sorry to but in, i just thought i'd mention that i have an annoying nostril hair i can't seem to pull out!

:angry:

KinkyGoebels said:
While setting up the goal and creating another golden chance you mean?

dont need to mate, think most people saw the utter lack of creativaty when he came off.

What role did he play in the goal again? I can remember Seb crossing it and a CKR assist?

KinkyGoebels said:
Erm leon winning the ball and giving it to seb.

Fairy enuff, I'll look out for that on SSN :)

Good point though with the Hammond chance :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I spoke briefly to a Wolves fan after the match, he said they robbed us of two points and we'd finish top 15 if wekept playing like that. I told him we've been playing that way most of the season but keep drawing. :nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Draws must be turned to wins but no-one has played us off the park this season which means we are better than last.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Do wonder what game some people on here are watching. Seb was poor tonight, he has been excellent this season but tonight I thought he had his worse game for the Albion.

Frutos on the other hand was MOM in my opinion, followed by McShane. Henderson nearly signed off with one of the best saves I ever seen, shame about the rebound.

How people can slag off Knight when he was at the heart of nearly every decent move we had is beyond me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Infernal Optimist said:
Do wonder what game some people on here are watching. Seb was poor tonight, he has been excellent this season but tonight I thought he had his worse game for the Albion.

Frutos on the other hand was MOM in my opinion, followed by McShane. Henderson nearly signed off with one of the best saves I ever seen, shame about the rebound.

How people can slag off Knight when he was at the heart of nearly every decent move we had is beyond me.

Because its easy to slag him off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here