Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're the Arsenal of League One apparently...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does the Arsenal of League 1 mean that Gus is going to start moaning whenever Brighton players are tackled? And will refuse to condemn any of our players if they're red-carded as he won't have seen anything?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Its always interesting to read the opinion on a match from the other sides view. Glad to see no Swindon style biterness.
Interesting to see him rate Bridcutt so highly, Wonder if he'll keep his place for the weekend?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent report that. Not many fans are able to write that objectively, especially when their team has lost.

Good work.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
"Our 4 4 2 couldn't deal with the excellent Uruguayan style of possession, possession, possession, attack & I must say that it was one of the best away performances I have seen for a long while."

From another forum but still sweet!

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Shame he thought Tommy plays for Torquay though...

Brighton's passing game finally paid off in the 22nd minute when Seip gave away a needless free-kick, the cross came in and there was Tommy Elphick at the near post to steer the ball past Romain Larrieu. Poor defender and 1-0 to the Gulls!

Read more: http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The keep ball is good but I do get very nervous when El Abd and Ankergren pass to each other.

Oh and our players diving annoys me too, but yesterdays ref let us get away with it time and time again

The ref was also quite kind to us when we made fouls and blowing for free kicks when they were attacking in dangerous areas, instead of playing the advantage

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
"The game then settled down with Brighton playing keep-ball in a Spanish stylee!. A full-back would pass to a centre-back who in turn would pass to a midfielder and so it went on and on, you get the picture, yawn!"

And then we scored two goals and you had no reply. :thumbsup: :laugh:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
"They may bore a lot of fans with their style of pass-sideways-game and may even struggle against teams who will get stuck in but the Arsenal of League One should reach the play-offs."

Or win the league. Cheeky, bitter carrot cruncher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here