Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're the Arsenal of League One apparently...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
"What was obvious to everyone, except it seems Peter Reid, was that Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt was running the show."

interesting

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This is the bit that made me larf

"It was left to little Noone to carry any kind of goal threat."

By the way this bloke is pronounced Noon, not No One

No One would be more acurate

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
LOVING that report

"From the out-set it was obvious that Brighton had a game-plan of keeping possession and play tippy-tappy football." (surely that should read 'flicky flicky')

"The game then settled down with Brighton playing keep-ball in a Spanish stylee"

"Just as Brighton's possession game between
centre-back and centre-back was boring everyone to tears they scored a second goal! This time, after 2,000 passes, a long ball was launched over the top. No worries, the pacy and leggy Reda Johnson will sort that one out.
Except he didn't, he was out-paced by Elliott Bennett who crossed into the box and there was Ashley Barnes to fire in from close range. 2-0 to Brighton."

"Why didn't we react to the way Brighton keep the ball and nullify the game?"

"As for Brighton - Gus Poyet has assembled a good team with each player comfortable on the ball. They may bore a lot of fans with their style of pass-sideways-game and may even struggle against teams who will get stuck in but the Arsenal of League One should reach the play-offs."

:clap: Bloody lovely stuff to read. Good find Clappers.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
LOVING that report

"From the out-set it was obvious that Brighton had a game-plan of keeping possession and play tippy-tappy football." (surely that should read 'flicky flicky').

Tippy tappy is the new flicky flicky.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
thats actually quite funny think this bloke fancies himself as a bit of a comedian

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tippy tappy is the new flicky flicky.

Other way round my friend, surely.

And I'm afraid I've just stumbled across "Clappers" as a flippant nickname to which I am rather fond. This is from henceforth how I shall now refer to you sir.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
"As for Brighton - Gus Poyet has assembled a good team with each player comfortable on the ball. They may bore a lot of fans with their style of pass-sideways-game and may even struggle against teams who will get stuck in but the Arsenal of League One should reach the play-offs."

Boring? It was great stuff! Seriously, how can anyone be bored watching skilful players passing the ball to each other with effortless ease, whilst the opposition huffs and puffs its way after them.

We were COMPLETELY different class tonight.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Boring?

Oh yeah, like some people find Spain's football boring.

Good passing and technique is boring. i.e. GOOD FOOTBALL is boring.

some people are just f***ing plebs

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
A good read, fun but informative, interesting to see they think Bridcott controlled the game, be a boast to his confidence also some Competition now for Kish who has been our best player i think so far this season with Painter so far and El Abd in 3rd

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Here's the thing, PAFC are probably used to a diet of hoofball, maybe that's why they got relegated although you get the impression that they think they're too big a club to play at this level, short memories some people.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I liked this bit. "Why oh why didn't someone man mark Bridcutt? Did we have Brighton watched before we played them?"

Well, that would have been really helpful wouldn't it?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good article. Interesting that he put the poor performances of the Plymouth forwards and most of the midfield down to anything other than being well marked and out played. "They were tired", "they were off the boil", "They are inconsistent". Perhaps "They came up against a better team and couldn't get the ball"? After all, this defence hasn't conceded a goal in the last three games.

Interesting to hear from one of the brilliant 300 who went if it was down to them being tired or us playing well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will never be bored while we have possesion! I love the fact we keep the ball at the back. All the good teams do this...

Dandyman

In London village.
Great result but if anyone calls us "Arsenal" again I shall sulk for the rest of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here