Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We're sh*t, and it's all your fault"

Stumpy Tim

I couldn't give a monkey's if they tell us why Dean was fired or not. Either Knight sacks Thicky before Saturday or he's lost my respect for all the previous good work he's done.

And as a long-term fan I have never cared less about results than right now. I'm even coming back to the UK when the JPT Final is on & have booked a trip to Nice the same day - because I won't be going whether we're in it or not

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I heard the Blooms wanted him out.

Same here, also that he had problems with a number of players and that the stress of the job was taking it's toll. I also understand that he and the club will never discuss the subject in public.

Slagging DK isn't going to get rid of Adams you need to focus on the Blooms. They wanted McGhee out and Wilkins in, they then wanted Wilkins out .......,
I wasn't a great fan of Wilkins as the football under him was very poor, however I certainly didn't want Adams in. I've never been a great fan of Adams as I believe that if it wasn't for Zamora he wouldn't be in football now !!!
He has to go as he clearly doesn't know what's wrong or how he can fix it.

Bottom line is that until the Blooms decide what they want, DK and the club are screwed. Money talks and DK doesn't have any, or at least not enough to act.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Maybe an excuse for Micky that he could only field 2 of his signings? But yesterday we fielded EIGHT youth team products in the starting line up, and to top it off, second half we used the WILKINS diamond formation.

Much criticised last season when we used it, but in the second half MICKY has a go at Wilkins "dodgy" formation.

El Abd sitting deep, Cox at the front of the diamond (replaced by Loft), and Fraser on the right with McLeod, then Livermore on the left.

Although we didnt play well, a positive was seeing so many of our own instead of loans left right and centre. Adams doesnt seem to believe to much in the youth policy but the back line is pretty solid, Cox on his day can be good (maybe midfield and attack we produced very little recently apart from Hammond).

I am not saying we should rely on these youth players, but they make a decent enough bench to keep us up instead of loaning people in for a month and putting them on the bench.

Sullivan
Virgo
Elphick
Hinshlewood
El Abd
Fraser
Cox
Robinson

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Dick Knight wants to retain any respect from the fans of this club, he needs to forget all this behind closed doors nonsense and tell his side of the Wilkins story. I want reasons for this debacle. I've heard all the rumours on here, but i want them from DK himself, plus the opportunity for Deano to respond. He's f***ed up good and proper and is accountable, so it's time to spill the beans.

I hope Dean Wilkins is having a right old chuckle right now. Shafted by the club he served by 20 years. I hope all the fans on here that were so happy to forget him once Adams was appointed feel ashamed.

What utter crap. Personnally, I didn't want to see Wilkins go but was optimistic with the appointment of Adams. Having said that, I don't give to figs as to why Wilkins was shown the door. That saga is gone. What is important is that the current dire saga is sorted out. Either Adams sorts it in the next couple of games or DK sorts Adams. Perhaps all will be revealed if we don't get to Wembley.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was disappointed at the way Wilkins was treated. I wasnt exactly over the moon at Adams second coming either.

One difference between Wilkins side and Adams side is that on occasions under Wilkins it was dire but apart from Man City we have been dire all season.

Plus at least Wilkins tries to get the team to play football and at times it was good.

Adams is route one ALL the time.

........................... second half we used the WILKINS diamond formation.

Much criticised last season when we used it, but in the second half MICKY has a go at Wilkins "dodgy" formation.

El Abd sitting deep, Cox at the front of the diamond (replaced by Loft), and Fraser on the right with McLeod, then Livermore on the left.

A change not detected by many in D Block last night, who kept screaming at Cox to go wide throughout much of the second half.
Would also have thought it desirable to keep the ball down and play it on the ground if you're going to play such a formation. Unfortunately, this tactical subtlety was not picked up by the defence and the TWO who seemed to be playing at the back of the diamond(?) for much of the time - including the knob who should have been filling the gap on the right.
Bristol Rovers anyone - same player (although a sub then), same positional gap?

These calls for DK to tell us why Wilkins was sacked are never going to work.

Clearly DK and the Board offered a settlement to DW that he found acceptable, otherwise he would have taken the club to Court.

And I'll bet you all the money I have spent on following the Albion for 50 years that part of that settlement was a confidentiality clause stopping either party from going public with the reasons. That is standard business practice.

So unless the Board or DW decides to break that confidentiality agreement we will never know the truth.

What's done is done, rightly or wrongly. It was a decision by the Club which Wilkins accepted.

Time to move on.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1. There is nothing to be gained by looking back at the Wilkins sacking and it won't happen. Move on.
2. I have generally been a Keep The Faith poster. However, last night was the final straw for me. It was excruciating watching the lack of confidence and lack of balance in the team. I only excuse Whing (who is one hell of a gutsy player) and Forster (who must be thinking: is this what my career has come to?) of the players. It was so painful and dull I just wanted it to end. But Adams must take the blame. He has consistently made poor decisions all season in team selection, positional play, tactics (Walsall especially) and substitutions.
There are times in business and in life when you have to hold hands up and say: we can't go on like this; we need a fresh start, a clearout and to go to back to basics. Dick, Blooms, Perry: that time is now. There are good people out there who can turn things around. The players are (on paper) good enough. If we don't (or decide we can't afford to pay Micky off and the old guard too) and continue in this vein then we will go down.
PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here