Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We're sh*t, and it's all your fault"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I fully expect that to be RINGING round Withers next time we're at home.

He's f***ed up a perfectly decent side so it is all Adams' fault. Just go Adams, you useless clown. No doubt the lickers will be on here reminding us of Port Vale and Mansfield last season, while conveniently ignoring the 7th place finish and transfer surplus.

And a big WELL DONE to the board for installing such a WINNER whilst not giving us a clue as to the reasons for Wilkins' departure.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
And a big WELL DONE to the board for installing such a WINNER whilst not giving us a clue as to the reasons for Wilkins' departure.

If Dick Knight wants to retain any respect from the fans of this club, he needs to forget all this behind closed doors nonsense and tell his side of the Wilkins story. I want reasons for this debacle. I've heard all the rumours on here, but i want them from DK himself, plus the opportunity for Deano to respond. He's f***ed up good and proper and is accountable, so it's time to spill the beans.

I hope Dean Wilkins is having a right old chuckle right now. Shafted by the club he served by 20 years. I hope all the fans on here that were so happy to forget him once Adams was appointed feel ashamed.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I dont want wilkins back and I dont feel ashamed, But I do agree enough is enough

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep. The board need to come clean and tell us the story. The reasons I've heard from sources close to the club have been absolutely FEEBLE.

But anyway, I'm caring less and less to be honest. For too long we've been told everything's fine and dandy and basically "move along, nothing to see here, oh and sign this petition and chuck some money in that bucket on your way out". Well NOTHING is alright and now we've got a twat as a manager who doesn't know what he's doing. I can't be the only life long fan on here whose enthusiasm for this club is at an all time low.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If Dick Knight wants to retain any respect from the fans of this club, he needs to forget all this behind closed doors nonsense and tell his side of the Wilkins story. I want reasons for this debacle. I've heard all the rumours on here, but i want them from DK himself, plus the opportunity for Deano to respond. He's f***ed up good and proper and is accountable, so it's time to spill the beans.

I hope Dean Wilkins is having a right old chuckle right now. Shafted by the club he served by 20 years. I hope all the fans on here that were so happy to forget him once Adams was appointed feel ashamed.

Dick knight has now disappeared a little further into that bad news blackhole called his backside...he only re-appears when he wants to take the plaudits for something good....he needs to be strong and do something now...

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
But anyway, I'm caring less and less to be honest. For too long we've been told everything's fine and dandy and basically "move along, nothing to see here, oh and sign this petition and chuck some money in that bucket on your way out". Well NOTHING is alright and now we've got a twat as a manager who doesn't know what he's doing. I can't be the only life long fan on here whose enthusiasm for this club is at an all time low.

Perfectly sums up my state of mind - the whole club appears to need a complete over haul.

How depressing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes Trevor, it bloody does. It seems to be jobs for the boys all over the shop (Adams and his non league backroom), intermingled with f***ing useless cretins like Ken Brown (smashing job - 6,100 for an area final at a tenner a ticket) all the while the board takes the club's fans for complete MUGS. We've done our bit you twats, now give us a football team FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Oh...
AND WE'RE GOING DOWN
With Cheltenham Town
For Sussex By The Sea

This club. :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The day we re-signed Virgo - I knew we were doomed. That seems to have been
the tip of the iceberg.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

But that the tragedy isn't it. He won't be laughing, because he loves (or maybe loved) this club. Brighton through and through, who can forget his post-match interview against Notts County, that guy wore his heart on his sleeve, and Brighton was his club.

He won't laughing, he'll be gutted to see Brighton struggling, and double gutted that all his good work has been systematically dismantled.

I was gutted when we sacked him in May, and NOTHING has eased the pain since.

I don't agree. I don't see what good going over all that would do. Whether the stories that have been doing the rounds for ages are true or not, or if there was something more sinister, or if DK/Board and Wilkins didn't see eye to eye it really doesn't matter now.

I wanted Wilkins to go. I didn't rate him at all, despite last seasons finish. I'm not ashamed in the slightest. I do agree that something needs to happen NOW though before it's too late.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I agree with you.

I,d like to hear Dick Knights reasons........and the opportunity for Dean Wilkins to reply.

I find it astonishing, that Wilkins departure from the club was excepted so readily by many of the posters on this board, simply because Lord Bracknell was used by Dick Knight to single-handedly destroy the credibility of Dean Wilkins.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KSA, I suspect it doesn't matter to YOU as to the reasons why Wilkins was removed because YOU didn't rate him.

But some of us did rate him (certainly a lot higher than the crock of shit passing as management nowadays) and some of the reasons behind his departure seem utterly feeble. He was certainly never backed to the same extent as this Adams GOON with his 3 year contract and the wages money he's been allowed to spunk up the wall. :nono:

KSA, I suspect it doesn't matter to YOU as to the reasons why Wilkins was removed because YOU didn't rate him.

But some of us did rate him (certainly a lot higher than the crock of shit passing as management nowadays) and some of the reasons behind his departure seem utterly feeble. He was certainly never backed to the same extent as this Adams GOON with his 3 year contract and the wages money he's been allowed to spunk up the wall. :nono:

Fair point. I just don't think that anything good could come out of an announcement as to why they got rid of Wilkins. I mean, seriously, what good would it do?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair point. I just don't think that anything good could come out of an announcement as to why they got rid of Wilkins. I mean, seriously, what good would it do?
Practically, it would do no good at all. However as an olive branch to the thousands of disillusioned fans who are completely f***ed off with the jobs for the boys, and utterly incompetent way this club is clearly now being run across many departments, where an inner circle hoard all information while asking us to write letters, jiggle begging buckets and tell us everything is just tickety boo, it might just re-install some much needed trust.

Yeah I'm disillusioned. In fact no, I'm completely f***ed off.

Practically, it would do no good at all. However as an olive branch to the thousands of disillusioned fans who are completely f***ed off with the jobs for the boys, and utterly incompetent way this club is clearly now being run across many departments, where an inner circle hoard all information while asking us to write letters, jiggle begging buckets and tell us everything is just tickety boo, it might just re-install some much needed trust.

I know you're pissed off, we all are! I don't think it would bring back any trust at all. I think it would make things worse. Much worse, as no matter how sound or otherwise the reasons people will always take a differing view, and that will just divide the fans further.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Yep. The board need to come clean and tell us the story. The reasons I've heard from sources close to the club have been absolutely FEEBLE.

You're not. :(

Perfectly sums up my state of mind - the whole club appears to need a complete over haul.

How depressing

I was gonna start a whole new thread summing up my feelings on the club after wasting a while night watching us for the first time since Man City but these quotes sum it up nicely so I shall not bother.

Don't get me wrong, as shit a performance as it was I know we've played worse than that for several SEASONS but it's not just about that is it. It's about the whole atmosphere around the club, especially since the embarassing way Wilkins was chucked and Micky returned.

It's all bollocks for me and as others have said, the truth needs to be told because that's probably the biggest reasons most people feel so angry.

Oh and for the record Micky can f*** off tomorrow as far as I am concerned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here