Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're going up to the Championship, no f***ing

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Unless some fly by night club come in for Poyet, we will be promoted, no question whatsoever. We play patient, pass and move football, we are great, we've seen enough of the hoofing football over the years to be sick of it. Gus is the man to take us back to where we belong-and beyond

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have a nasty feeling Southampton will storm through and take top spot. As for the rest of League 1 there are some decent teams who haven't got it all together yet (Huddersfield, Swindon, Peterborough). I think we stand a very good chance of the play-offs, but automatic promotion would be tough.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
With LuaLua going in January i can't see where the goals will come from. Murray and Barnes do not score enough between them for a team top of the league.

Saying that, i am quite confident we will get promoted

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
With LuaLua going in January i can't see where the goals will come from. Murray and Barnes do not score enough between them for a team top of the league.

Saying that, i am quite confident we will get promoted

Agree...to finish in the play-offs you need to score 75 goals minimum.
Our current rate of 15 from 11 would see us finish with 62-63 which is well short of the mark.
The two main strikers need 35-40 between them and that won't happen with Barnes and Murray. We are behind other clubs in this division in terms of firepower ( Southampton, Huddersfield, Peterborough ) and unless Gus brings a ' predator ' in, we will definitely miss an automatic spot.
p.s Sandaza and Holroyd are not the answer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agree...to finish in the play-offs you need to score 75 goals minimum.
Our current rate of 15 from 11 would see us finish with 62-63 which is well short of the mark.
The two main strikers need 35-40 between them and that won't happen with Barnes and Murray. We are behind other clubs in this division in terms of firepower ( Southampton, Huddersfield, Peterborough ) and unless Gus brings a ' predator ' in, we will definWitely miss an automatic spot.
p.s Sandaza and Holroyd are not the answer.
I'm glad you know:
a) way more than Gus
b) How to predict the future
c) How to assess a striker's ability on an hour of football.

Do you fancy giving me this weekends winning lottery numbers? If football was a predictable as some of you make out there'd be no point in going.

To say we cannot make the playlets without current team when we're top of the league is frankly ridiculous.

1. Please do not swear

2. As stated above, quite simply we do not score enough goals. Haven't scored more than 2 in a game so far

3. Pretty passing football is all very nice - but won't work in the middle of a wet, bumpy pitch, blowing a gale in winter

4. Lua Lua. Best player in the team by a mile will be leaving us after Xmas

5. Our crowds are not that great. Many teams in League 1 have bigger budgets & will be able to attract better players than us in the next transfer window. I think we have the 7th biggest budget

6. Playoffs at best & i am a grumpy old man!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
1. Please do not swear

2. As stated above, quite simply we do not score enough goals. Haven't scored more than 2 in a game so far

3. Pretty passing football is all very nice - but won't work in the middle of a wet, bumpy pitch, blowing a gale in winter

5. Our crowds are not that great. Many teams in League 1 have bigger budgets & will be able to attract better players than us in the next transfer window. I think we have the 7th biggest budget

Apologies for swearing, I get a bit passionate about my team sometimes. Maybe you should try it.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Apologies for swearing, I get a bit passionate about my team sometimes. Maybe you should try it.

I am passionate about my team. That doesn't mean I need to use unnecessary language that puts NSC out of bounds for many younger fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We managed promotion under Peter Taylor where a lot of the games ended up as a 1-0 win. Just a case of scoring one more than the opposition

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I still think we are more likely to get a play-off spot rather than automatic. Other than the midfield I do not feel the strong enough in depth to cope with prolonged injuries, suspensions etc and this could prove a problem for us.

I'm not to concerned about Murray and barnes, as long as the defence continues to play well, one or two goals a game is plenty to get some kind of result. However should either have a long spell on the sidelines I do not have too much confidence in their potential replacements.

Still I'll worry about the end of the season when we get there, I'm too busy enjoying the Flying Flair-o-nauts performances at the moment to look that far ahead.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's essential we stay in contention at the turn of the year. If we are still there or there abouts, a quick tour around the Amex, and the possibility of playing in front of full houses every week by the coast in the gorgeous county of Sussex; they'll come, the best players will want to come, and some will come even if the money isn't quite as good, because the potential of playing in that shiney new footballing theatre in the Championship will be carrot enough! :thumbsup::lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, I'm too busy enjoying the Flying Flair-o-nauts performances at the moment to look that far ahead.

Exactly, one game at a time. It is about 30 years since I have enjoyed watching the Albion this much. I'm not gonna worry about next May I'm just gonna try and make as many games as possible before then. If we get promoted great, if the winter pitches are a step too far for the current team, then at least we'll see how Gus copes with a losing patch and the failure of the current system. Exciting times just enjoy them, you have no idea how long they'll last. A great stadium doesn't necessarily mean great football.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We obviously stand a good chance of promotion if we continue our present form,but there is a heck of a long way to go.For what it is worth,my view is that we must score more goals if we are to succeed.Opposition must be finished off so we get 3 points instead of 1,as last Saturday.Additionally,goal difference may be a factor at the end of the season.Reckon it will be very tight and if we are to go up,it will be by winning the play-offs!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
1. Please do not swear

1. Good point

2. Yes, but we have a mean defence, so that compensates to quite a degree/

3. This is the main worry.

4. Don't be so sure he'll go. He's developing well, so why not stay a few more months?

5. We'll have the biggest budget in January. If we are in the top handful, and with a chunk of the AMEX season ticket money in, we'll invest what we need.

6. Top 2 I reckon !!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With regard to LuaLua, if you're the parent club, you're sending your player out on loan to develop and gain first team experience. It drives some Prem managers mad that they send their potential stars out on loan, and they sit on the bench in the Championship or where ever.

I personally don't think LuaLua is ready for the Premiership, and so while his loan period is up in Jan, he has been getting excellent experience at Brighton, is growing as a player, which is exactly what Newcastle want. Like last season, you can see them extending the loan again to the end of the season. We'll have to hope so, or at least ask him to have a poor game everytime they send a scout to watch him! :thumbsup:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

good come back young man.

as an occasional poster on here - i'm constantly amazed at the gap between how i and ever other fan i know feels about the club and the team at the moment (great!)... and what people post on here (grumbles and moans and negative perspectives).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here