Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're after two Arsenal statlets...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
perm.jpg

I wish I had that much hair! :down:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nothing wrong with season long loans they are part of the team and want success with the rest of the players. If we can get quality to help us out of the league superb. Weren’t the same two players mentioned at the time of the youth cup final and Brady said nothing will be done before pre-season?

Yes...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For all the loanees we have had over the last few seasons ,good bad or ugly,we are no further forward than if we had spent less on them and paid more attention to making good long term permanent signings.We won't be able to sign Arsenal starlets,if they are any good, so what is the point of them,besides giving the team a possible short term boost and getting everyone over excited and believing we are better than we really are.
IMHO,the loan system is overused and abused!

Agreed 100%... try to sign the players that can take this club forward on perm deals... loanees as SECOND prize...

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Agreed 100%... try to sign the players that can take this club forward on perm deals... loanees as SECOND prize...

And what if Arsenal are looking to get these lads fixed up asap and they won't be available just before the season starts? We've bought players before (Currie immediately springs to mind) who have been here no more than a season because they have done well and moved on. I hardly think it's worth turning down the opportunity of quality players on a season long loan just because we'll only have them for a year

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's worth going over to the Best Withdean-era XI thread, and checking how many posters include McShane --a loanee -- in their select squad...

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Would be fantastic news if we did get these young lads, seem to be very talented, and probably need a season of proper football to further their careers

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think we would have to put up a strong argument for them joining us as they for joining us as i am sure there would be plenty of championship clubs looking to take them, The other thing is Wenger loves playing the youngsters in the league cup

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's worth going over to the Best Withdean-era XI thread, and checking how many posters include McShane --a loanee -- in their select squad...

...and Sidwell.

I don't see the problem with long term loans. What I don't want is loanees coming in for one month (I.e. Savage) to get fit for their parent club.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
have to disagree mate, season long loans are a great idea with these Premier League kids (especially if from a quality youth set up like Arsenal's) as they can surely help get us to where we want to be by the end of season. Then we can have another look around next summer. I have to agree the short term ones are not a good idea at the start of the season but can be a necessity mid / late season if the injuries pile up again.... just look at where we'd have been without the likes of Owusu and Dicker etc.... I think season long loans of quality kids are very much looking at the big picture.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Dont we have a good history with loanees from Arse nil like................Paul Dickov & Martin Keown...Who both did very well for us...........so as far as im concerned sign em up....Russ

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dont we have a good history with loanees from Arse nil like................Paul Dickov & Martin Keown...Who both did very well for us...........so as far as im concerned sign em up....Russ

We were a division higher, which is where Arsenal seem to send most of their decent loanees, and both of those were here over 15 years ago. How many close seasons do we have to listen to the same rumour about signing DECENT Arsenal loanees before we realise it is just a repetitive load of bollocks? :rolleyes:

If we do get a couple they will not be starlets, more like players about to be released because they are not good enough. The league is littered with ex Arsenal no marks.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We were a division higher, which is where Arsenal seem to send most of their decent loanees, and both of those were here over 15 years ago. How many close seasons do we have to listen to the same rumour about signing DECENT Arsenal loanees before we realise it is just a repetitive load of bollocks? :rolleyes:

If we do get a couple they will not be starlets, more like players about to be released for not being good enough.

Come on icy gull cheer up, we are gonna draw palarse in the cup in about 2hours and your getting all negative first thing in the morning ! take a look outside its sunny ! BE POSITIVE FELLA :wave:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on icy gull cheer up, we are gonna draw palarse in the cup in about 2hours and your getting all negative first thing in the morning ! take a look outside its sunny ! BE POSITIVE FELLA :wave:

Not negative at all, I'm just bored with hearing the same old bollocks every close season, can we not change it from Arsenal to Manchester United or Chelsea or Liverpool for just one season? :p

We're gonna draw Cheltenham away btw :lol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not negative at all, I'm just bored with hearing the same old bollocks every close season, can we not change it from Arsenal to Manchester United or Chelsea or Liverpool for just one season? :p

We're gonna draw Cheltenham away btw :lol:

Point taken however we were soooo close last season to looking at loan players from the likes of peterborough or blackpool if we had gone down. Wait and see eh,then we can start moaning :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here