Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're 15th and..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
fantastic post Tom. Like you I also wonder why some people even bother being a Brighton fan. They seem so bitter about the club, it's players and manager.

Saying that, I've never seen YOU so angry / dissillusioned / frustrated with it all as when the THIRD equaliser went in, at the end of the Cheltenham game. You were so BITTER that you left half a packet of ALBION jelly beans behind!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
People only moan on here for attention, 80% of the time I highly doubt people even mean what they say. Perhaps they were starved of attention as children:shrug:

Exactly. And I'd say 80% of them have either never been near a vagina in their life, or havent been getting any for a very long time.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
..I don't give a shit.

Nor it seems do the current squad.

A marriage made in heaven.

But that's alright because us mugs will continue to watch shit being served up week in, week out following the Seagulls all over the country while they who couldn't give a flying f*** playing in blue and white get oversized payments out of our pockets into theirs.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
we are 15th, playing crap, got stuffed after an 8 hour journey to Carlilse, seeing one of the worst performances in years.

So what better way to get over it than a 6/7hour car journey to Hartlepool on a cold, wintery, northern night in an FA Cup 1st Round Replay :shrug:

It is crap at the moment, but when something great happens, you can once again be proud to say "I was there and I'm an Albion fan" and enjoy the moment for a few days until the next lot of dross is served up. I wouldnt have it any other way

well said mate :) spot on

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I agree with most of what you say Tom, and certainly with the sentiment behind it.

Most of all I agree with the bit about fans attacking individual players - I find that unnacceptable, not to mention hugely counter-productive.

All football fans MOAN, though. I guarantee that if you went on an Arsenal board yesterday it would be full of people moaning about the Villa game, despite the fact they beat United last week.

The big problem with the Albion this season, is that we clearly shouldn't be languishing where we are. Adams has brought in some good players, both permanently and on loan, and we've spunked away points week after week, through STUPID selections, STUPID formations and STUPID tactics.

IF the Lynch situation had not been allowed to get out of hand, IF Virgo hadn't been deployed as a right winger / striker all season / IF we didn't sit back on the edge of our box every time we took a lead, then we wouldn't be 15th.

That's not a fan pretending he knows how to manage a football club. Thats a fan, articulating what 90% of the crowd can see with their own eyes week in week out.

We all love the ALbion, so we have to suffer the bad with the good. So much of the bad right now is self-inflicted though...

Good post.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
..I don't give a shit.

I'm going to keep going to the football like I always have done, I'm going to cheer when we score and get a bit annoyed when we lose.

Quite.

Life was much more straightforward before tinternet. You went to the game, came away smiling a bit or grumbling a bit, then went to the pub, had a couple of beers and forgot all about it til next time.

But now you come home, log on to NSC and there's this horrible ANGST that builds and builds to ludicrous wrist-slashing proportions if we lose, else if we've won we're BY FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen, and our dreary so-so record signing in recent years is The White Pele and death to the unbelievers who KnowNothingAboutFootball. And all the rest of the shit. Maybe they should do a re-make of that old kiddies show and call it 'Switch Off Your PC And Go And Do Something More Useful Instead'

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I agree with pretty much all of that, apart from the 'don't give a shit' bit.

I f***ing HATE it when we lose but it doesn't diminish my support or passion for the club.

The way some of the pricks on here talk, you would think the end of the World is just around the corner. People need to wind their necks in and get on with their lives.

I didn't go on Saturday so rule 53 of the 'superfan if you don't go to games you are a worthless piece of shit' Regulations states that I cannot possibly be allowed to comment. But the posts from the people whose opinions I do value show we had a horrific off-day with some players playing poorly. I genuinely don't think they don't try - it was just one of those days.

It's what we sign up for when we follow a club, particularly one that has spent only just over 20 seasons (out of 62 I think) in the top 2 divisions of the Football League.
Spot on, my good man:thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Quite.

Life was much more straightforward before tinternet. You went to the game, came away smiling a bit or grumbling a bit, then went to the pub, had a couple of beers and forgot all about it til next time.

But now you come home, log on to NSC and there's this horrible ANGST that builds and builds to ludicrous wrist-slashing proportions if we lose, else if we've won we're BY FAR the greatest team the world has ever seen, and our dreary so-so record signing in recent years is The White Pele and death to the unbelievers who KnowNothingAboutFootball. And all the rest of the shit. Maybe they should do a re-make of that old kiddies show and call it 'Switch Off Your PC And Go And Do Something More Useful Instead'

True. Very true.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My problem is I desperately want to feel exited about things and I cant. I`m getting apathetic about things and that is just plain wrong coming from me. I have never done apathy concerning the Albion. Its not just a Falmer thing either as I really loved the Adams to Magee era. (ok the last bit of that time was a bit sticky)
I`m not going to bother on saturday either.

fantastic post Tom. Like you I also wonder why some people even bother being a Brighton fan. They seem so bitter about the club, it's players and manager.

People are sneered at for being 'happy clappy' too, so what's the point in having any place to talk about football when it's shite, as well as when it's good?
Are we supposed to sit in the clouds and drift through life like nothing will change whatever? Does your boss see things that way, when you are working for money day in day out?

No? Well then, paying customers can complain, and make demands for the quality presented to them.
Or alternatively, the complaining about dross *could* stop.....along with those people attending. Then there'd be half the crowds at Withdean, and people might also support their LOCAL team - be it Lewes, Crawley, Eastbourne, Shoreham, Newhaven....etc.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's nice, happy for you.

Apparently you live in a blue-sky world, and the future looks bright.

According to most others though, life in the present exists, and comes over as somewhat...real.

That's a crap response. You've completely missed the point of the original post and just jumped to the conclusion that because Tom doesn't want to hear whinging in thread after thread after bloody thread he must be a bobble-hatted happy clapper.

There's enough threads for everyone to contribute to the bollocky whining. Do us a favour and go contribute to one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here