Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're 15th and..

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
..I don't give a shit.

I'm going to keep going to the football like I always have done, I'm going to cheer when we score and get a bit annoyed when we lose. In a couple of years I'll be doing the same but at an amazing stadium. Even if the football is in the conference I'll be dry and still cheering when we score and getting annoyed when we lose. And you lot will still be and demanding that we change managers 3 times a season as soon as we lose and moaning unless we're champions of the world.

Honestly the way some of you talk on here, you'd think we were going out of business next week. "I have a right to boo", yes you do, just don't go on about it for months afterwards. "El Abd was shit" yes he was, but don't act like he's killed your new puppy!, Why not stop pretending you know exactly how to run, manage and play for a football team (besides being a councilor, planning consultant and politician) and just get on with being a supporter eh.

That way, maybe at least 2 of the threads on here (that are actually about football) will be worth reading!

p.s ADAMS OUT! :jester:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
..I don't give a shit.

I'm going to keep going to the football like I always have done, I'm going to cheer when we score and get a bit annoyed when we lose. In a couple of years I'll be doing the same but at an amazing stadium. Even if the football is in the conference I'll be dry and still cheering when we score and getting annoyed when we lose. And you lot will still be and demanding that we change managers 3 times a season as soon as we lose and moaning unless we're champions of the world.

Honestly the way some of you talk on here, you'd think we were going out of business next week. "I have a right to boo", yes you do, just don't go on about it for months afterwards. "El Abd was shit" yes he was, but don't act like he's killed your new puppy!, Why not stop pretending you know exactly how to run, manage and play for a football team (besides being a councilor, planning consultant and politician) and just get on with being a supporter eh.

That way, maybe at least 2 of the threads on here (that are actually about football) will be worth reading!

I agree with pretty much all of that, apart from the 'don't give a shit' bit.

I f***ing HATE it when we lose but it doesn't diminish my support or passion for the club.

The way some of the pricks on here talk, you would think the end of the World is just around the corner. People need to wind their necks in and get on with their lives.

I didn't go on Saturday so rule 53 of the 'superfan if you don't go to games you are a worthless piece of shit' Regulations states that I cannot possibly be allowed to comment. But the posts from the people whose opinions I do value show we had a horrific off-day with some players playing poorly. I genuinely don't think they don't try - it was just one of those days.

It's what we sign up for when we follow a club, particularly one that has spent only just over 20 seasons (out of 62 I think) in the top 2 divisions of the Football League.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
People only moan on here for attention, 80% of the time I highly doubt people even mean what they say. Perhaps they were starved of attention as children:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agree with the sentiments on this thread. Its the Albion - we're a tinpot club knocking about in the 3rd tier, as we usually have done. The problem is, because we sacked a manager who took us to 7th last year, if the club DAREs to finish any lower than 7th this time round then all hell will break loose - at least it will in the minds of the people who have convinced themselves that we'd be carving this division up with Wilkins still at the helm.

Its all part and parcel of following a mediocre third division football club. We're here to be frustrated, thats our lot in life. We'll have good, bad and indifferent seasons, just like most clubs outside of the very elite.

Deal with it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I agree because every one else has at the moment,but i may change my mind if suddenly theres amore that dont agree :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Agree with the sentiments on this thread. Its the Albion - we're a tinpot club knocking about in the 3rd tier, as we usually have done. The problem is, because we sacked a manager who took us to 7th last year, if the club DAREs to finish any lower than 7th this time round then all hell will break loose - at least it will in the minds of the people who have convinced themselves that we'd be carving this division up with Wilkins still at the helm.

Its all part and parcel of following a mediocre third division football club. We're here to be frustrated, thats our lot in life. We'll have good, bad and indifferent seasons, just like most clubs outside of the very elite.

Deal with it.

But thats rubbish though isn't it? If the club wants to charge the highest prices in this league then the team has to deliver including the manager.I'm not talking about winning every week but at least play some nice football and being entertained.Even if we lose you can walk away saying that was a good game etc etc.The trouble with your attitude you try to come accross as smelling of roses about 3rd tier football etc it doesn't work.Gates are falling and the attendance against Hartlepool was a joke.If after xmas we fall to far behind the top six then people will simply not turn up to watch rubbish end of season football while being over charged.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But thats rubbish though isn't it? If the club wants to charge the highest prices in this league then the team has to deliver including the manager.I'm not talking about winning every week but at least play some nice football and being entertained.Even if we lose you can walk away saying that was a good game etc etc.The trouble with your attitude you try to come accross as smelling of roses about 3rd tier football etc it doesn't work.Gates are falling and the attendance against Hartlepool was a joke.If after xmas we fall to far behind the top six then people will simply not turn up to watch rubbish end of season football while being over charged.

Correct.
But as long as I've had a hole in my arse, people have moaned about the state of the Albion. Even when we were in the Championship and fighting to keep ourselves in that league, there were people moaning about the football, the size of the gates, the manager being clueless, crap performances, blah blah. It never changes, regardless of what league we're in.

Moan moan moan moan moan. It doesn't matter WHO is in charge, or WHAT league we are in, there'll always be people queing up for a good old MOAN about the Albion. Its how it was, is and wll always be. I just find myself taking it with a pinch of salt these days. We'll have better times than this, and we'll have worse times than this, its just the way it is. Enjoy the good seasons when they come along, because I promise you, they will ALWAYS be outweighed by the dross ones. Its the law.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Frustration at our plight in League 1 is trebled because of having a shit stadium and high ticket prices.

A lot of people could live with shit football and high prices but in a quality stadium. A lot more could live with shit football at Withdean but with low prices. However, if you play shit football in a shit stadium and charge high prices I venture a lot of people will call for the manager's head. It's human nature.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Correct.
But as long as I've had a hole in my arse, people have moaned about the state of the Albion. Even when we were in the Championship and fighting to keep ourselves in that league, there were people moaning about the football, the size of the gates, the manager being clueless, crap performances, blah blah. It never changes, regardless of what league we're in.

Moan moan moan moan moan. It doesn't matter WHO is in charge, or WHAT league we are in, there'll always be people queing up for a good old MOAN about the Albion. Its how it was, is and wll always be. I just find myself taking it with a pinch of salt these days. We'll have better times than this, and we'll have worse times than this, its just the way it is. Enjoy the good seasons when they come along, because I promise you, they will ALWAYS be outweighed by the dross ones. Its the law.
The quailty of football under Adams has been totally shit majority of the time.I've said that to you a while back and it hasn't changed.I'm not saying sack the manager etc but you know fall well this is what we can expect from Adams.It is the worse football by the Albion for some years.Thats my main gripe about Adams.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
..I don't give a shit.

I agree with most of what you say Tom, and certainly with the sentiment behind it.

Most of all I agree with the bit about fans attacking individual players - I find that unnacceptable, not to mention hugely counter-productive.

All football fans MOAN, though. I guarantee that if you went on an Arsenal board yesterday it would be full of people moaning about the Villa game, despite the fact they beat United last week.

The big problem with the Albion this season, is that we clearly shouldn't be languishing where we are. Adams has brought in some good players, both permanently and on loan, and we've spunked away points week after week, through STUPID selections, STUPID formations and STUPID tactics.

IF the Lynch situation had not been allowed to get out of hand, IF Virgo hadn't been deployed as a right winger / striker all season / IF we didn't sit back on the edge of our box every time we took a lead, then we wouldn't be 15th.

That's not a fan pretending he knows how to manage a football club. Thats a fan, articulating what 90% of the crowd can see with their own eyes week in week out.

We all love the ALbion, so we have to suffer the bad with the good. So much of the bad right now is self-inflicted though...

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The quailty of football under Adams has been totally shit majority of the time.I've said that to you a while back and it hasn't changed.I'm not saying sack the manager etc but you know fall well this is what we can expect from Adams.It is the worse football by the Albion for some years.Thats my main gripe about Adams.

Maybe I'm mellowing out in my old age then. I just find it hard to get worked up about this stuff any more. Some of the football under Wilkins was shocking as well. And McGhee. Its not like we were Brazil last year and now we're the Dog & Duck 2nd XI this year. We're an average 3rd division club. As a default, I automatically try to set my expectations as "LOW" - that way, I'm not overly surprised or disappointed when we are shit.

I'm certainly not a bobbler, turning up and cheering everything and ignoring all the problems. I get fed up, frustrated and bored by it all as well like everyone else, but I just cannot be arsed to go into full-blown RANT mode after every defeat any more. It is what it is. Hopefully we'll get onto an upward curve when the F word arrives, but till then, I'm really not expecting very much from BHAFC.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
fantastic post Tom. Like you I also wonder why some people even bother being a Brighton fan. They seem so bitter about the club, it's players and manager.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
we are 15th, playing crap, got stuffed after an 8 hour journey to Carlilse, seeing one of the worst performances in years.

So what better way to get over it than a 6/7hour car journey to Hartlepool on a cold, wintery, northern night in an FA Cup 1st Round Replay :shrug:

It is crap at the moment, but when something great happens, you can once again be proud to say "I was there and I'm an Albion fan" and enjoy the moment for a few days until the next lot of dross is served up. I wouldnt have it any other way

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
we are 15th, playing crap, got stuffed after an 8 hour journey to Carlilse, seeing one of the worst performances in years.

So what better way to get over it than a 6/7hour car journey to Hartlepool on a cold, wintery, northern night in an FA Cup 1st Round Replay :shrug:

It is crap at the moment, but when something great happens, you can once again be proud to say "I was there and I'm an Albion fan" and enjoy the moment for a few days until the next lot of dross is served up. I wouldnt have it any other way

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here