Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

went on the 1901 tour yesterday

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
thought id pass on some bits of info i managed to gather. im sure alot of them you already know as i did from reading on here .

only 175 1901 seats left expected to be sold by next week. they originally planned to have them all sold out by first game.

the seats are only available at the ends now ie next to the away fans (and the wags section) level with penalty spot or by the north stand level with the byline.

one chap has already asked the club if he can buy a 1901 seat in a good position for 3000 quid . looks like a good investment!!

season ticket prices will be officially announced in november and people will be invited down similar to 1901 , with 10 year season ticket holders at withdean being the first to get invited.

prices he said would be between 350 and 640, this was new info to me.

the undersoil heating is zoned to save money . so often one corner is frozen so just heat that. only a few clubs in europe have this.

it was tony bloom who insisted that the north stand didnt get sponsored , in his words to give something back to the fans (top bloke)

the bloke who did the tour said bloom is seriously minted , gave the impression lot of investment in playing side to come.

they will be dissapointed if current season ticket uptake isnt doubled to 10000, they think 15000 could be achieved. only 1500 tickets will be made available the rest will be sold as season tickets if possible.

the company doing the marketing says out of the clubs they have done (8 i think he said ) that we have the best potential . they were also in charge of the kc stadium .

the roof is specifically designed with acoustics in mind and to provide a nice bright atmosphere in there.

the pitch has these elastic microfibres in it . the pitch is costing half million i think.

the east stand is zero tolerance

sure there is more but im sure youve nodded off already.

what came across is that tony bloom wants the very best of everything in the stadium form the pitch to the roof to the seats etc etc . they said it will be the best stadium for its size in the country and is up there with the emirates and wembley for its standards, fixtures and fittings etc.

happy days eh? with the team playing the best football in years i am seriously excited about being an albion fan.

thanks tony and dick for making this happen.

sorry if youve heard all this before

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, not selling my prime position Platinum seat even for 3 k

It seems that pretty well everyone is very impressed by the tour, I really did just go to hear what they had to say, I had no intention of buying a ticket on the spot, as I can't make 50% of games, but was totally sold after an hour of soft sell.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
they will be dissapointed if current season ticket uptake isnt doubled to 10000, they think 15000 could be achieved. only 1500 tickets will be made available the rest will be sold as season tickets if possible.

what does that mean exactly?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
thought id pass on some bits of info i managed to gather. im sure alot of them you already know as i did from reading on here .

only 175 1901 seats left expected to be sold by next week. they originally planned to have them all sold out by first game.

the seats are only available at the ends now ie next to the away fans (and the wags section) level with penalty spot or by the north stand level with the byline.

one chap has already asked the club if he can buy a 1901 seat in a good position for 3000 quid . looks like a good investment!!

season ticket prices will be officially announced in november and people will be invited down similar to 1901 , with 10 year season ticket holders at withdean being the first to get invited.

the undersoil heating is zoned to save money . so often one corner is frozen so just heat that. only a few clubs in europe have this.

it was tony bloom who insisted that the north stand didnt get sponsored , in his words to give something back to the fans (top bloke)

the bloke who did the tour said bloom is seriously minted , gave the impression lot of investment in playing side to come.

the company doing the marketing says out of the clubs they have done (8 i think he said ) that we have the best potential . they were also in charge of the kc stadium .

the roof is specifically designed with acoustics in mind and to provide a nice bright atmosphere in there.

the pitch has these elastic microfibres in it . the pitch is costing half million i think.

the east stand is zero tolerance

sure there is more but im sure youve nodded off already.

what came across is that tony bloom wants the very best of everything in the stadium form the pitch to the roof to the seats etc etc . they said it will be the best stadium for its size in the country and is up there with the emirates and wembley for its standards, fixtures and fittings etc.

happy days eh? with the team playing the best football in years i am seriously excited about being an albion fan.

thanks tony and dick for making this happen.

sorry if youve heard all this before

Care to expand on the zero tolerance? Standing, swearing more/less?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i went just for a nose as i dont know anyone in the 1901 and for me football is about being with your mates. but it looks a good buy and very good value for money .

forgot to add 90 % of people have gone for lifetime as opposed to 5 year option .

its a season ticket for me . but where to go ? east stand is out . so its north or west lower . then is it near the north stand or the away fans for the banter. i thought first season i wouldnt get a season ticket and try different areas, but from the tour im a bit worried i wont be able to get a ticket so will have to take a punt on where to sit.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
sorry if i didnt male it clear

withdean season tickets are 5000 , they reckon they could sell 15000 at falmer. if demand goes through the roof they will sell up to a max of 21000 season tickets as they hve to leave 1500 for general sale

That would leave no seats for the away fans. Or is the 1500 general sale for them?

Also, can someone tell me the rough prices for the 1901 club?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
That was the best report from the 1901 tour yet!

Thank you.

That would leave no seats for the away fans. Or is the 1500 general sale for them?

Also, can someone tell me the rough prices for the 1901 club?

I thought the away end held approximately 2000?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
sorry if i didnt male it clear

withdean season tickets are 5000 , they reckon they could sell 15000 at falmer. if demand goes through the roof they will sell up to a max of 21000 season tickets as they hve to leave 1500 for general sale

What about the away fans - won't they have 2000+ seats reserved?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

OK so that's £640 for the best West Stand seats and £350 for North Stand, with East Stand somewhere in between I suppose. I wonder if those low prices are concessions or standard. £350 for a kid seems a bit excessive.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not happy about the east stand zero tollerance thing. Fair enough in the family section but still. Was hoping to sit there but it's going to have to be the north stand. West stand will no doubt be the £650 jobbies.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
OK so that's £640 for the best West Stand seats and £350 for North Stand, with East Stand somewhere in between I suppose. I wonder if those low prices are concessions or standard. £350 for a kid seems a bit excessive.

Was thinking exactly the same. I'd have thought those will be standard prices, although £350 seems pretty cheap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here