Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It seems as though everyone is now moving into a severe 'cover my back' situation with all those involved coming out with a variation on the "Shit, it's probably not going to ready but I'm not taking the rap" theme.

I drove past the site on Saturday and thought that there is NO WAY it's going to ready in 4 months, let alone 2.

Having said that, it is f***ing HUGE and will clearly be a superb stadium when finished.

Webcams here:

Wenbley Webcams

:clap2:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
webcamarch.jpg

It looks ready to me :jester:

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
:clap: not in it anyway

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Too much rain, it has barely rained at all since Christmas!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I agree with you,Gully but that has been one reason given. Plus the 1,300 yes 1,300 electricians going on strike!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wembley is looking awesome, CAN'T WAIT to get in there for a nose around !

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Leekbrookgull said:
I heard one reason for delay was pitch cant be laid,due to so much rain!!!!!:albion:

They are really desperate for excuses aren't they. The weather girl this morning said this has been one of the driest January's on record.

Incompetent australian twats.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
What doesn't seem clear is whether the 70% figure relates to the 31st March hand-over date or the FA Cup on the 13th May.

If it's the hand-over date then it could be they've enough time to finish it for the FA Cup final.

Whilst I very rarely have praise for the FA they did the right thing by signing a fixed-price deal and have got Cardiff lined up as a contingency.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No WAY will it be ready for the Cup Final, going by the aerial shots on the the news last night. The surrounding area wasn't even tarmacked. And as someone else said, if they're "70-30" that it will be ready, then you can guarantee that it won't be.

Its a bit like weather forcasters saying "there's a 40% chance of rain". They might as well say "it might rain, but then again, it might not. We don't really know". Expect the first major match there to be Andorra in the Euro qualifiers in September.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
No chance of the stadium being ready. There were doubts about the huge new stand at Ascot being ready for the royal meeting and that is far nearer to completion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here