Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley - when will it be finished?

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
just heard that the english fa cannot confirm that the 2007 fa cup final will be played at wembley. in fact, they made reservations for millennium stadium cardiff again, for all finals (fa cup, carling cup, play offs, charity shield).

u should have let aussis knock wembley down and germans to build it... would have been finished last year...:rolleyes:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Did anyone see Test The Nation of Saturday? They had a group of builders on there that were building Wembly. When asked if it will be ready for the FA Cup, they answered by saying that it would be built when it is finished etc. Totally avoided the question.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think their new policy is never to name another finish date, ever, as they've missed so many.

Hot on the heels of the Picketts Lock shambles, this doesn't bode well for 2012, does it?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
tommy boy said:
it'll never ever be finished

What like the Seven Bridge?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
bhafc99 said:
I think their new policy is never to name another finish date, ever, as they've missed so many.

Hot on the heels of the Picketts Lock shambles, this doesn't bode well for 2012, does it?

Everyone thinks that the Government has built Wembley, when in fact its had very little to do with it. It is an FA cock-up.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bhafc99 said:

No. And it's EXACTLY the reason I didn't want London to get it. Another Montreal 1976 anyone, where they were still paying for the stadium 30 years later? At this rate, a football-supporting Londoner could be having to pay off two white elephant stadia at once, in higher ticket prices and in taxes. Why the f*** does this happen? :angry:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Once it's finished we'll all spend so much time marvelling at it we'll forget it was ever late.
It may be big but it looks pretty ordinary compared to at least 5-6 of the grounds in the world cup, all of which were finished last year. And the cost of it defies belief. :nono:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
But being British we need something to moan about, now that Prescott is moving out of his grace and favour mansion Wembley is now on the red tops agenda. Why can't we be bloody positive as a nation. My glass is half full never half empty.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Once it's finished we'll all spend so much time marvelling at it we'll forget it was ever late.

By the time it's finished it'll be practically out of date already as it's taken so long to build.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here