Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley Hart Lane chosen to host 2011 champions league final..

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Nice.

(Edit: It was between, Wembley, Bayern Munichs ground & Hertha Berlins ground.)

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Absolutely ridiculous. A selection of stadia around Europe should be put on standby for each final, and one selected only when the finalists are known.

True, but wouldn't you love to see Barca v. Real Madrid at the home of football?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Absolutely ridiculous. A selection of stadia around Europe should be put on standby for each final, and one selected only when the finalists are known.

The urban myth was that UEFA voting delegates asked their wives where they would like to do some shopping in early May...

London must be a big draw for the ladies....

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Don't they go into the UEFA cup? Do the UEFA cup winners get a place in the champions league?

BTW It's going to be the Europa League, instead of the UEFA Cup, from next season I believe...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
BTW It's going to be the Europa League, instead of the UEFA Cup, from next season I believe...

If the likes of Man City are playing in it, it's more a case of 'Your Ropey League'.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
If the likes of Man City are playing in it, it's more a case of 'Your Ropey League'.

I think it's likely they will

It's 48 teams in 12 groups of four, each playing 3 home and away ties

A bit like a big CL

I think soon it'll be the exception NOT to be playing in Europe :shrug:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Home of football?

Nah, that was the old Wembley. Not this new corporate, sanatised bollocks :thumbsup:

:ohmy:

The New Wembley is 10 times better, than the Old Wembley, I hated the Old Wembley, absloute Khazi. About 93 miles away from the pitch aswell. ( Espically for the 1999 cup final when I was back row :cool:)

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed

The New Wembley is 10 times better, than the Old Wembley, I hated the Old Wembley, absloute Khazi. About 93 miles away from the pitch aswell. ( Espically for the 1999 cup final when I was back row :cool:)

Can still see Dietmar Hamaan scoring the freekick for the Krauts in 2000 that brought down the curtain on Wembley and Keegan

Still, got them back in Munich under Sven...

1-5 :smokin:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

It also had massive stansions which blocked the view of those sitting around it.

New Wembley is alright as long as you like your prawn sandwiches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here