Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wembley - British Bulldog - Wall ball - Between the piers

D

Deleted User X18H

Anyone remember playing these at school?

Were any unique to Brighton & Hove?

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
My lad (15) still plays Wembley. I taught him the rules (if there are many) to Wall ball when he was young, British Bulldog, we do a version at football training. Never heard of Between the piers though?

D

Deleted User X18H

My lad (15) still plays Wembley. I taught him the rules (if there are many) to Wall ball when he was young, British Bulldog, we do a version at football training. Never heard of Between the piers though?

I think it was a variation of Bulldog. But with the sea as an additional obstacle.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Wembley and British Bulldog had to be national surely, they were certainly happening in Surrey, Suffolk and Essex when I were a lad (far travelled familiy that we were in our safe little corner of England after leaving Hove). I think the other two may be local however as I've never heard of them......

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
remember playing the first three at School as a kid :) memories

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
British Bulldog. Just those words instantly mean I can picture our school playground in Bexhill, even though it's 35+ years ago.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We used to play world cup (World cup singles, and world cup doubles) in Shoreham as well as British Bulldog.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A friend from Staines used to play "Moorgate" they would form a train (like a conga) then the leading lad would grab a victim and they would run into a wall - piling in behind the victim.

British Bulldog could seriously damage your health at St Johns Baptist.

I played all the above bar Pier to Pier growing up in South Wales.

Bearing in mind all children were taught Rugby from a very early age British Bulldog always got very messy.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
french cricket
stool ball
headers + volleys
wall ball
wembley
british bulldog (at playing fields opposite Croydon Airport on piss break on school daytrips to London)
football with airflow ball (taped up if split)
football with those little fruit shaped sherbert containers (empty)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
sixty seconds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here