Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wemberley, Wemberley...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I went to watch my 10 year old play yesterday in the Hampshire Schools [Small Schools] Cup, tournament.

I'm not sure exactly what constitutes a 'small' school, but I think its any school with only a single class in each year.

Anyhow, the little fellas only went and won it, and now march on to a Regional tournament in Yeovil in the new year. Two years ago the school won this too and went on to National Finals at Keele Uni.

Anyway, during the presentation, the bod from Hampshire FA, announced that this season's National Finals are to be held in June at WEMBLEY STADIUM.

You have never SEEN such excitement. The kids were quite excited too!

Anyway, that is all. Good on 'em. :clap:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That'll put some pressure on them to win in January then, I bet there will be a few Dad's with tears in their eyes if the manage to get to the finals.

:clap::clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A small Worthing school won the right to represent Brighton area last season in a national tornement and went all the way to Wembley where they beat Doncasters representatives 1-0 in the final and the son of a chap I work with on the building scored the winner before the Leeds play off final game.
He was as proud as punch.
What a day to remember that is.

D

Deleted User X18H

I recall we had a Smiths Crisps tournament at my middle school in the late 70's the final was to be played at Wembley prior to the School boy International v Scotland the one where Paul Rideout scored at hat trick!!!

We ( West Blatchington Middle Hove) got knocked out my Balfour early doors who were expectational we still went to the School Boy game though.

I would had thought some of the Balfour boys of that era may have gone onto the Albion though not many local lads played in that era sadly!!!!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
How wonderful, HKFC. Our school opted out of the same tournament this year in preference of bleedin' rugby.

Good luck to them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here