Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welsh Englishmen

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I know of two English people with Welsh roots who support England most of the time but when the Welsh football or Rugby team are doing well immediatly harp on about England being shit.

It came to a head in the RWC Quarter Final when the Welsh naerly beat the English. My mate supported Wales until they started losing and then said that he was supporting England really.

What a fool!

Anyone else in the same boat?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Not quite as bad as that, switching during the game, but my Welsh-English housemate supported Wales during the quarter-final, only to switch alliegance at the final whistle, claiming she knew Wales would never win the tournament, so always wanted England to go all the way.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I went to School with a Welsh guy who was excellent at rugby andplayed for the county and all sorts at the time. When he left he went to uni and got called up to the england u18 rugby team and all of a sudden he forgot that he spent the past ten year hailing form wales when it was revealed he was only actually a quarter welsh. amusingly his self proclaimed nickname is still Taffy.

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It came to a head in the RWC Quarter Final when the Welsh naerly beat the English. My mate supported Wales until they started losing and then said that he was supporting England really.

People like that aren't to be taken seriously...... EVER!

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I know of two English people with Welsh roots who support England most of the time but when the Welsh football or Rugby team are doing well immediatly harp on about England being shit.

What a fool!

Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm not in a boat you slice

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My wife is half-Welsh and yes she supported Wales during the first half and England in the second! Normally I have to say she supports England in all sports, although my son is pleased that if he's not good enough to play football for England he could always use his Welsh grandad connection and play for Wales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here