Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well. I thought we played bloody well

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
considering the ref ruined the game. We ain't gonna win every game but I don't mind watching and cheering on the team with the effort and spirit they showed today.

Anyinsah - good performance. Battled well.
Thornton - clearly MoM
Murray and Forster - how can people ssay they are lazy? They battled today.
Virgo and Elphick - actually looked like a decent pairing.
Richards - Jeez. He played his socks off.
Kuipers - take a bow.
Fleetwood when he came on - tricky player did well.

All round, hats off to you.

Any numpties calling for Adams out after that can just please f*** off.

Ta ra!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I agree Buzzer, most of the people on here who are calling for Adams were not at the match. Anyone who went today will agree that we were bloody unlucky, hit the bar twice, missed pen and some excellent passing moves. Just one of those days today!

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
considering the ref ruined the game. We ain't gonna win every game but I don't mind watching and cheering on the team with the effort and spirit they showed today.

Thornton - clearly MoM
Kuipers - take a bow.

Ta ra!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A positive Brighton fan? Surely not.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Kuipers - take a bow.

Ta ra!

Apart from that double save at the end which I agree was good what else did he do today?

I'm not going to slate him as he did nothing wrong bit he didn't nothing else well enough to "take a bow".

There was a funny moment in the first half when they had a header which didn't have enough power to get anywhere near the goal line but Kuipers jumped 4ft in the air grabbed the ball & then fell on it and everyone gave him a massive round of applause - I thought they were all taking the piss!!!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Thornton - clearly MoM
Kuipers - take a bow.

Ta ra!

We didn't play badly overall but the extent of your positivity is laughable.

This ain't going to be popular but Murray was crap today. Sorry, got nothing against him and love to see him play well, but he really didn't contribute much at all other than the one decent chance. Fleetwood was average. Whing was a shambles and if Hawkins had made the same mistake on their goal he would have been absolutely slated. Thornton was decent. Anyinsah was as mediocre as ever. Forster was pretty good, Thomson was better than he has been.

I agree today was not too bad, and we probably deserved a point, but we really didn't play like a team capable of being anywhere near the play-offs.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i thought we were poor - no leadership, no tactics, no imagination.

ok we didn't get the breaks but the league table doesn't lie

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought we were unlucky today. We certainly deserved a point, and had we scored from the penalty then perhaps we could have gone on to win. However it would be hard to say we played really well. I thought both sides huffed and pufed a lot, and neither probably deserved to win. We have played a lot worse than that though for sure.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008

Thornton - clearly MoM
Kuipers - take a bow.

Ta ra!

yep totally agree

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Hmm, "bloody well" is DEFINITELY over the top, but on the other hand we didn't deserve to lose.

It was a reasonable performance from good players which should have resulted in at least a point, but technically we're just lacking something when it matters.

I agree, I certainly think they tried, while obviously that isn't enough to win games it should deflect some of the criticism, and lets face it we were up against much more than just the 11 Huddersfield players today.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloody well? Yeah. I'll stand by that. As Wilko said, just one of those games where we didn't get the breaks. Some lovely little touches at times, much better passing, team spirit was very good and we were genuinely unlucky.

I've seen us play a lot worse and win comfortably. If we play like that every week then we'll get the results and they'll come soon.

Things ain't so bad as some people are making out. We've got the team, they've got the spirit. A bit of luck and we'll be okay.

Trust me on this. I'm a chartered accountant.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
did you miss him skip past about 4 defenders then HIT the BAR. the guy is FLAIR

I think you're referring to the one decent chance I mentioned. That was bloody good. I've got nothing against him, I don't think he played well today.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I thought Thomson was MOM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here