Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done to the Board!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
For sticking by Slade and not giving in to a small amount of fans who for some strange reason expect us to be top of the league!

Bloom = :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Great, so how many voted? 200? Assuming it's around that, that will be about a THIRTYth of the fans at Withdean. :shootself:

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
For sticking by Slade and not giving in to a small amount of fans who for some strange reason expect us to be top of the league!

We should be near the top of the table considering Mr Slade has had a lot of money to spend....a lot more than most in this league and just look at how large our squad is compared to most.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Problem is it is only Tuesday, if they were going to sack him they would probably take more than the one day to do it (assuming that they would not sack him straight after a game, or on a Sunday even Bloom must have a day off). This applies to those who want him sacked too, they say there is no patience in football, but this board is incredible.

We can draw no conclusions about Slade's continued employment at this moment. See Adams sacking last season.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Yet at the game, where there are more fans than NSC members, going by crowd reaction you could say it was 70-30 the other way, the minority boooed and shouted out out out

NSC represents a very small section of Albion fans, who are, how shall we say, by and large anally retentive bods. Anyone who spends any amount of time on an internet message forum, logging on daily to vent their spleens are hardly representative of Brighton and Albion fans in general.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Ha ha, very funny! Small amount? What planet are you on? This season is turning into Groundhog Day of last season! A Board who are too slow to accept they have the wrong Manager, and are going to be too late to put things right.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Totally agree...

So what if we've spent near £1.5 million on players that don't want to be here...or that we're in the bottom 4 and being beaten by the likes of Tranmere.

I also think it's brilliant that the fans are 100% behind the coaching staff and that their tactics and team selection (eg. playing El-Abd at left back, playing Navarro & Thornhill - both centre midfielders on the wing when we've got Arron Davies & Dean Cox) are spot on!

What pleases me the most though is how well we've played and the wins both home & away we've achieved.

While we're at it, I reckon all those bankers who are getting huge million pound bonuses DO deserve a massive pat on the back and a well done from us tax payers...they're doing a fine job!

Finally, Nick Griffin...What a guy :love:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Er......... small amount of fans?

The poll was 70% in favour of Slade to be sacked when it closed last night!!

Anyone who thinks a poll on here is a good represenation of albion fans is a fool becasue you will get a few vocal people who are seen as in the 'in crowd' on here and loads of other people will get carried away in the hype.

Individually people are intelignt but people in a crowd are just sheep really who will follow the 'leaders'

I would guarantee that if the 'leaders' decided that after tomorrow they wanted Slade to keep his job then I have no doubt that you could do a poll in 2 weeks and it would be 70-30 IN!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Anyone who thinks a poll on here is a good represenation of albion fans is a fool becasue you will get a few vocal people who are seen as in the 'in crowd' on here and loads of other people will get carried away in the hype.

Individually people are intelignt but people in a crowd are just sheep really who will follow the 'leaders'

I would guarantee that if the 'leaders' decided that after tomorrow they wanted Slade to keep his job then I have no doubt that you could do a poll in 2 weeks and it would be 70-30 IN!!

What utter rubbish! You must know full well that there has been a gradual acceptance that Russell Slade needs to go, and that only recently have the vocal majority been able to see that fact.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

thats why the Slade O meter was invented
after a defeat its always majority out, after a win its always majority in.

Its just how us fickle fans work - and right now Slade o meter is as low as its every been and could possibly go.

A win against Hartlepool everyone will be, I told you it was just a bad run of form, and we will build from here. We then lose to Wycombe, and everyone says he has f***ed up the FA cup dream and booo him from the keyboard!!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Who the f*** are the leaders?! Stop sprouting shit mate.

When you say 'sprouting shit mate' do you mean "Stop having diffent views from me"?

Edit: and no-one can honestly say that there arent a 'vocal few' who lead the <insert managers name here> IN or OUT threads and tend to be more vocal about things just to make people beleive them?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Ali - That's not true and you can go back to the decision made by Knight over both Adams' & McGhee's sackings when he said that the mood of public opinion made his & the boards mind up...The only way in which the club can gage public opinion on how a majority of albion fans feel is by looking on here.

I agree that a vast majority of Brighton supportersdon't post or vote on here. However, what this forum does do is, like any opinion poll, give an indication of public feeling toward something important to them and you can tell that by looking through the various polls on which party they would vote for at a general election that it gets the average.

NSC has lots of members who don't necessarily post alot on here, but who silently read posts and cast their votes on subjects like whether the manager is doing a good job or not. At the moment, the majority feel that the manager isn't doing a good job and therefore feel he should be sacked and it's HIGHLY likely that a majority of fans outside of this message board would feel the same way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ali - That's not true and you can go back to the decision made by Knight over both Adams' & McGhee's sackings when he said that the mood of public opinion made his & the boards mind up...

I truly believe public opinion of McGhee had nothing to do with the firing. The biggest difference between the summer when Knight fought to keep McGhee and october when he "listened to the fans" was that in the summer the calls were "McGhee out", in october it was "McGhee out and take knight with you. Knight's clearly lost it if he wants to keep McGhee..." in october.

And Knight didn't make the decision to fire Adams. He went to that meeting with no intent of changing managers. He said so himself.

The only way in which the club can gage public opinion on how a majority of albion fans feel is by looking on here.

Well that's not true.

There's ticket sales, actual attendances, the fans phone in (Harty used to brag how it was taped so that Knight could listen to it), there's the general chit chat at withdean as well as the chants.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Ali - That's not true and you can go back to the decision made by Knight over both Adams' & McGhee's sackings when he said that the mood of public opinion made his & the boards mind up...The only way in which the club can gage public opinion on how a majority of albion fans feel is by looking on here.

I agree that a vast majority of Brighton supportersdon't post or vote on here. However, what this forum does do is, like any opinion poll, give an indication of public feeling toward something important to them and you can tell that by looking through the various polls on which party they would vote for at a general election that it gets the average.

NSC has lots of members who don't necessarily post alot on here, but who silently read posts and cast their votes on subjects like whether the manager is doing a good job or not. At the moment, the majority feel that the manager isn't doing a good job and therefore feel he should be sacked and it's HIGHLY likely that a majority of fans outside of this message board would feel the same way.

Is correct! I think if you look back that genrally once the strength of unrest reaches the level it is reaching now that the manager soon gets the boot. To assume that they have definately stuck by RS is as foolish as those who believe he will definately get the sack. The bottom line is we just don't know and Mr Bloom and co are deafly silent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here