Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done to Peter Taylor

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also the season before Leicester were top of the premiership for a while and ended up mid table. Remind me what division were Leicester in this season ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
At the time we were used to winning by more than a 1 goal margin as proved by the previous couple of seasons. We used to take the lead and then play in a style that wouldn't let us concede an equaliser which to some would be seen as unattractive football.

So 1-0 is no good. I give up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As to the thread title I am also pleased he's got his 5th promotion ( and no relegations I can think of) and I hope no Brighton fans are twattish enough to give him an OUNCE of abuse when we play Wycombe next season. A man of integrity who is slated unfairly for taking up "Adams" team and calling Dick Knight's bluff with his stupid budget which miraculously increased dramatically when Coppell was appointed. Top man who makes Adams look like the tactical midget most of us now accept him to be.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
What US said.

We wouldn't have gone up, let alone win the title, if Micky had stayed in 2000-01.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Taylor did a bloody good job for us - I'd be quite happy if he'd stayed (no disrespect to RS) and was still managing us today. I think we might be slightly higher up the league than we are.....................................

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Deserves some respect when he comes back to the Withdean, did a great job when he was here and was a shame we could give him the resources to test himself in the championship (or whatever it was called then can't remember when it changed its name). But if he had stayed we would never have got Coppell

Dear Drooper

Mar 2, 2009
Taylor has a reputation within the game for being an old fashioned Manager (if you know what i mean). Aparently he keeps Rymans in busines with brown envelopes.
His greatest acheivement was to trawl Junior Lewis around with him and take a 20% cut of his wages.
Never forget he walked away from us, he isn't half the Manager Coppell or Slade are.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He took Pullis's team up at Gillingham and Adams team up in 2001. In between, he was found out at Leicester when he blew a budget the size of the African debt. Rather than try to Keep The Albion in the (old) second division, he bottled it so as not to blot his C.V., eventually taking an easy gig at Hull when they were in the bottom division and splashing the cash.

Respect has to be earnt. Peter taylor hasn't earnt mine. Taking Wycombe up from the basement division is hardly Earth shattering.

How about the Five promotions he has achieved now in his managerial career, how many managers can boast that? -- Or his title winning season with us.

If that isn't enough to convince you that someone is a good manager, what does a manager have to do to achieve, and does anyone have a realistic chance of doing that?

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
i didnt like him when he left as his reasons for leaving were pathetic as i cant think he didnt know the situation when he came in. Sorta ruin what good he did. I can appreciate he has done some good work over his career. Look forward nto whipping his Wycombe 4-0 just like under adams

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1-0 Isnt good enough??? I dont recall people moaning and bitching like a whore about that results the meant Brighton pipped free spending Reading to the title.

Reading played excellent football at times that season and finished second, I bet they would have taken a few more 1-0 wins.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
He took Pullis's team up at Gillingham and Adams team up in 2001. In between, he was found out at Leicester when he blew a budget the size of the African debt. Rather than try to Keep The Albion in the (old) second division, he bottled it so as not to blot his C.V., eventually taking an easy gig at Hull when they were in the bottom division and splashing the cash.

Respect has to be earnt. Peter taylor hasn't earnt mine. Taking Wycombe up from the basement division is hardly Earth shattering.

And was found out at Stevenage!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stevenagge just missed out on the plays off with about 23 wins and 12 losses.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Stevenagge just missed out on the plays off with about 23 wins and 12 losses.

Actually finished in a lower position than when he took over. Anyway onward & upward to Cambridge to finish what was started last Thursday & then [hopefully] 2 visits to Wembley inside 8 days!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I doubt it. He had 1 season there.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only reason he went to your lot and the non league was that Jordan put a blokc on him managing a leage club for a year if he left CPFC. Maybe his heart wasn't in it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who gives a shit what he did at Stevenage, he is a better manager than non league dross and probably found the players too useless to be able to play PROPER football :lol:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
The only reason he went to your lot and the non league was that Jordan put a blokc on him managing a leage club for a year if he left CPFC. Maybe his heart wasn't in it.

There has been many a tale about this 'block'. But the man himself [PT] flatly denied any truth was attached at all and that it was just rumours. Anyway I doubt if any ban like this could be legally enforced under EU employment rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here