Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done to Gus and the boys

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Go get a room you boys if you want to chat about grammar. This is a thread for thanking Gus, the players, the satff and the mighty Tony Bloom for such a great year.

Yes you're absolutely right. Apologies. I got diverted. It's been the best year for me for since a Brighton chairman last had the balls to appoint a great player as manager. That revolution began with us taking second place in the third tier and following it up with two fabulous seasons in the second tier that culminated in promotion to the first. The omens are brilliant. Or possibly even birlilant.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In that great 76/77 promotion year form took a bit of a wobble over Xmas.
We lost to pompey on boxing day then, on New Years Day were being thumped by Swindon (4-0) before the game was abandoned. That was a massive break. It gave the team the kick up the backside yet avoided the disaster of a thrashing and what would probably meant messing with the team etc.

I see similarities here. form has dipped but lady luck has favoured us with scores like yeasterdays and Charlton's of last week. hopefully the team will see that 'this is our year' and I'm sure we'll kick on. 3 points clear with 2 games in hand on our nearest rival, can't be bad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A good solid foundation this half of the season, despite some awful injuries, and ready for the promotion fight thanks to Gus, Tanno, Charlie and the team.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Just wanted to stop for a second to say thank you to Gus and all the players at the Albion. Three months at the top of the league and top at Christmas. Great present.

Of course, it's where we are at the end of the season, but I for one am delighted with the season so far and more excited about the next five months than I can ever remember.

Cheers to all at B&HA - thanks for everything.

100% right sir. The current league position is way ahead of my expectations at the start of the season. And think, if one or two more results had gone our way; Rochdale, Bournemouth, Bristol Rovers, Huddersfield, etc, we would have been even further ahead. Excellent work by Gus and the lads.:clap2:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Thanks Gus and keep on making us proud.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
:mexican::dance:

Great season so far.

Lots of lessons learnt and great days out.

Long may it continue

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Here, here well done guys ... still wish we'd gone out the FA Cup in round 1 though .... sorry just my opinion but hey you can now prove me wrong by having a cracking cup run and winning the league (PS could we win the league with about 4 games to go please none of the usual Albion antics, i.e. needing to win the last game and Sheff Wed needing to lose)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just wanted to stop for a second to say thank you to Gus and all the players at the Albion. Three months at the top of the league and top at Christmas. Great present.

Of course, it's where we are at the end of the season, but I for one am delighted with the season so far and more excited about the next five months than I can ever remember.

Cheers to all at B&HA - thanks for everything.

That is a great post TRHK...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
... thank you Tony, Gus and all the players... keep it going, and with a couple of key additions (left-winger and striker) we will win the league...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This should be a sticky.

Who would have thought TOP by Christmas? NO ONE thats who. Well done CHAPS.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This should be a sticky.

Who would have thought TOP by Christmas? NO ONE thats who. Well done CHAPS.

This.

I have never known a season like this. I've been to every home league game game, plus Swindon, Peterborough and Saints away, plus the two home FA Cup games.. I make that 14 games, and we've lost NONE. Astonishing.

This time last year, despite having a season ticket, and missing only two home matches, my son had yet to see us WIN.

Incredible transformation.

Bloody brilliant stuff.

Tony Bloom :bowdown:
Gus Poyet :bowdown:
Tanno :bowdown:
All the staff :bowdown:
All the players :bowdown:
My lucky Hollister shirt :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here