Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Spurs

Mar 13, 2008
Nice to see almost any team challenging the Manchester duo but I fear that the spending power of both with will result in one of them ending up on top. Personally I would prefer United as they are not trying to buy their way to the title unlike their cross town rivals.
I hate it when people say that.
Rooney £25million
Berbatov £30million
Ferdinand £30million
Anderson £20million
Nani £15million
Valencia £15million
Jones £15million
de Gea £20 million
Young £15million
Carrick £20million

And what about player like Veron (£28million), Hargreaves (£20million) and Van Nistelrooy (£20million)
Utd have an always will spend hugh amounts of money. City just did it all in a few seasons.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Spurs are over spending and will be in administration in 3 years time.

Really?

They only spent £5 million in the summer on Parker I believe? Compared to Liverpool, City, Chelsea and United they have sepnt considerably less in the last couple of years haven't they? They always negotiate well when selling players - Berbatov, Crouch, Carrick etc and they have loaned out some of the high earning squad players like Jenas and Bentley.

I would love nothing better than to criticise Harry but he deserves credit for what he's done with Spurs, they are title contenders now having never been in my lifetime and they are playing good football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spurs starting 11 cost about 55 million.

We sold Berba for £32 When we started to rebuild.

We spent about 7 million in Summer and made 20 million

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nice to see almost any team challenging the Manchester duo but I fear that the spending power of both with will result in one of them ending up on top. Personally I would prefer United as they are not trying to buy their way to the title unlike their cross town rivals.
Titles have ALWAYS been bought, it's just that the established order has been challenged and the man utds liverpools and arsenals no longer have the biggest wallets on hand.
People may laud man utd's youth system but they employ diabolical poaching and bullying tactics to steal young players from smaller clubs which are every bit as distasteful as the likes of city and chelsea "buying" success, and it would be FANTASTIC for football if spurs win the title( said through gritted teeth:lolol:) , but i think they will fall away to be honest and battle arsenal for fourth place behind chelsea, united and city.

D

Deleted member 18477

would love spurs and chelsea to f*** it up!

i'm hoping top 4 is (in no particular order): man utd, man city, arsenal, liverpool.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
would love spurs and chelsea to f*** it up!

i'm hoping top 4 is (in no particular order): man utd, man city, arsenal, liverpool.

Top two will be United and City - said that at the start and have seen nothing to change my mind. I started with Chelsea in 3rd, but I think spurs will come above them. If RvP gets injured Arsenal will drop like a stone. Liverpool can play as well as anybody but just aren't consistent enough. If I was to guess the final top 4 now, I would say United, City, Spurs and Chelsea - although I'd rather L'pool overtook Chelsea for 4th, personally.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It pleases me to see Liverpool's chances of finishing in the top 4 looking less unlikely every week. I despise the bindippers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here