Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done Sid!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Perhaps southern_sid is actually Captain Sensible's windup account, and the Captain started this thread to fish for compliments on his work.
:lolol: I am definitely NOT Southern Sid.

I just thought it was a top wind up. Read the whole thread if you've got time. It's comedy gold and not because of Sids comments but those of others. The way the thread starts out with everyone thinking it was bollocks and then as he comes back with a post after the supposed telephone call, a few (I am ashamed to say me included) bought it.

I think that's it for Sid now, no one will ever believe anything he says again. For the record, I cringe at almost every post Sid makes, I disagree with almost everything he says.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think that both Southern Sid and Champaign Charles are one and the same, and both wind up accounts. Yesterdays thread was imo a bit out of order, just for the fact that 1) It was showing the club in a bad light, and 2) Richard Hebbard's name was used and people were having a pop at him. Now I love a wind up as much as the next man, but I really do think that this one was just a step to far.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think that both Southern Sid and Champaign Charles are one and the same, and both wind up accounts. Yesterdays thread was imo a bit out of order, just for the fact that 1) It was showing the club in a bad light, and 2) Richard Hebbard's name was used and people were having a pop at him. Now I love a wind up as much as the next man, but I really do think that this one was just a step to far.

I see your point, I suppose it was a bit over the top.

But why were people immediately sighting Hebbard as the problem? I'm not an STH so I never heard of the bloke, I think he did some ST presentations, someone can tell us. What has he done that made people think this guy is out to ruin football?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I am not captain sensible, or champagne charles, i am sid. one account is all i have.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I see your point, I suppose it was a bit over the top.

But why were people immediately sighting Hebbard as the problem? I'm not an STH so I never heard of the bloke, I think he did some ST presentations, someone can tell us. What has he done that made people think this guy is out to ruin football?

Hebbard is the operations manager, and I would think that banning would be part of his remit. I have had to contact him on two occasions, and on both occasions he has dealt with the problems in a very swift and professional manner.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
How anyone can can consider this to be remotely clever or amusing, I don't know. I don't care if the post or poster are a 'wind-up', it's the product of a very childish mind.

It's also an insult to the club which has delivered us Championship football in a fantastic new stadium and some great early-season results and to the individuals mentioned in the 'letter'.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
How anyone can can consider this to be remotely clever or amusing, I don't know. I don't care if the post or poster are a 'wind-up', it's the product of a very childish mind.

It's also an insult to the club which has delivered us Championship football in a fantastic new stadium and some great early-season results and to the individuals mentioned in the 'letter'.

Well it looks like the 'Childish' wind-up has made a fair bit of money for REMF

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
As much as everyone likes a wind up this was out of order! Have a thought for some people that are getting bans that are totally unfair!! Maybe that's why some people weren't surprised as they have heard of people being treated badly by the club

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
As much as everyone likes a wind up this was out of order! Have a thought for some people that are getting bans that are totally unfair!! Maybe that's why some people weren't surprised as they have heard of people being treated badly by the club

Or maybe the club might see the kerfuffle that's gone down on here when everyone thought someone was banned for a silly reason - and take heed of it. Perhaps they will now only ban people who actually deserve it. Ever thought of that?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Wind-ups can be quite funny, but there's nothing clever about it when the "victim" calls it for what it is straight away, then you keep begging them to believe you "honestly why would I make it up etc etc", then try and be funny by saying it was a joke - you have to actually FOOL people for it to be good.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex

Good point Hoops. Lets not forget people ARE getting banned based on CCTV footage for "hand gestures". This is why quite a few (including myself) were hooked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here