Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well Done Robbie Keane

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Robbie Keane is now joint top scorer for Ireland and it has taken him 11 years les than big Niall quinn took.

Well done Robbie, a great achievement:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
legend:clap2: :clap2:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Now for Defoe. . .? :)

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Unless they are a spurs fan I fail to see why anyone English would care about how many goals Robbie Keane score for Ireland?

If anyone has watched an England game in the company of any Irish fans they would know how much they hate us and want us to lose.

As far as im concerned Robbie Keane can :salute:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
John Boy said:
I'm half Irish and most Irish people don't hate England with a passion.

Half time pies- Are you stuck in the nineties or something?

Im not stuck anywhere.

I lived in Liverpool for 3 years and know exactly how the Irish feel about the English, I had the St Patricks day parade pass under my window and heard the young kids singing anti english songs.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that there is anyone Irish who would root for the English team the way that we do for them?! I sat in a bar in Prague for watching the England vs Germany game, surrounded by Irish fans who were rather too pasionately cheering on the Germans (so much so that i felt extremly intimidated)

I am not stuck in the nineties im just stating a fact.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
timco said:
Only caught a few minutes of the game but it was enough to see RK do his best to look like he was doing an Irish jig as he went for a spectacular shot from about 4 yards out and totally missed the ball!

Yes, he does try a few things that don't quite come off as they were intended.
And go on a few mazy runs where the simple but un-Robbie-esque option of "passing to a team-mate" might have helped.
Unlike Defoe, whose immediate thought on receiving the ball seems to be: how quickly can I get it from here to the back of the net?

But for providing almost the sole moments of brilliance to light up the last two grim seasons at Spurs (as opposed to the grim seasons before he joined), am delighted for Robbie, Irish opposition to England or otherwise.

Mind you, the way the Ireland team played today (tactically, I mean), a penalty looked about the only way Keano was going to score.

Haven't heard his post-match interview, but imagine it was something like:
"TobesureI'mdelightedtoequaltherecordbuttheotherladsplayedagreatgameIjusthadtoputawaythepenaltybutofcourseit'sanicefeelingtonightwilljusthavetomakesurewegoonfromhereandwinthegroup. . ." (deep breath). . .

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Happy Seagull said:
A fact that you happened to see a bar full of Irish cheering on Germany in your company. Yep that backs up the theory that the whole country hates England.

Congrats you complete tool :shootself

Dont call me a tool, this is true of the Scottish, Welsh, and Irish supporters, none of them want to c England win. Are you seriuosly trying to tell me that this is not the case?!

Its you my freind who is the TOOL!

Half Time Pies said:
Dont call me a tool, this is true of the Scottish, Welsh, and Irish supporters, none of them want to c England win. Are you seriuosly trying to tell me that this is not the case?!

Its you my freind who is the TOOL!

Do you actually KNOW anyone who is Irish? ???

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Half Time Pies said:
Unless they are a spurs fan I fail to see why anyone English would care about how many goals Robbie Keane score for Ireland?

If anyone has watched an England game in the company of any Irish fans they would know how much they hate us and want us to lose.

As far as im concerned Robbie Keane can :salute:

I agree, Half Time Pies. I'll never understand why English people have a soft sport for the Irish, when they despise us. In Australia, there are loads of Irish people here and sure, they're generallydecent people. But the vast majority have got a big chip on their shoulder when anything English is concerned.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Happy Seagull said:
Do you actually KNOW anyone who is Irish? ???

Yes loads, like i said before i went to University in Liverpool and Half my Class were Irish, in fact in Liverpool half the City is of Irish origin.

Everyone Irish I have ever met likes to c England lose - FACT!

Half Time Pies said:
Yes loads, like i said before i went to University in Liverpool and Half my Class were Irish, in fact in Liverpool half the City is of Irish origin.

Everyone Irish I have ever met likes to c England lose - FACT!

Well congrats your poll is overwhelming mate. Half your class made up most of the population of Ireland i guess :wave:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I know Irish people and very few of them actually "like" to see us lose. Granted they aren't ecstatic when we win, but they dont enjoy us losing. Obviously there are some that hate us and like to see us doing badly, just like there are some welsh & sweaties that like us to lose, but this doesn't go for the whole population. As I've said before you can only base your opinion on your own personal experiences - I have never had, when watching England, any Irish fans wanting us to lose, so I dont have a problem with them at all and actually like to see them doing well as long as it has no effect on Englands progress or chances.

Scotland, on the other hand I absolutley love to see lose purely because I've been in pubs and on holiday with sweaties when you could be excused for thinking they had won the lottery just because England had conceded a corner.

Down to personal experience people.

Last edited:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Happy Seagull said:
Well congrats your poll is overwhelming mate. Half your class made up most of the population of Ireland i guess :wave:

Sorry mate give me a min and ille shoot over to Ireland and do a comprehensive survey of a few million of them!

Quite bizzare that i lived in city with one of the biggest Irish populations in Britain and went to a University full of Irish, drunk in Irish pubs and never once met anyone who wanted the English team to win! Oh well must of just been unlucky I suppose?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here