Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done MICKY.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
for coming out and APOLOGISING to the fans for the shambles that was saturday

either i have a very poor memory, but i dont remember wilkins ever doing that....

He apologised after the boxing day game at millwall last season (Wilkins: Help Us Bounce Back | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest)

He apologised for not applauding the fans after one game (Wilkins: Bas Got Us Out Of Jail | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest)

and he apologised towards the end of the season he took over (Wilkins Throws Down Gauntlet | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest).

That's just from a simple 'Dean Wilkins apologises to fans' google search.

In fairness, apologies aren't always the sort of things you remember at the end of the season, especially on the back of performances you want to and eventually do forget.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think it's taken too long for Micky to say stuff like this. When he are abject at home to a bottom of the table team, and limp away with a 0-0 I don't want to hear him pointing to the positive of a clean sheet, and nor do I want him to be talking about the conditions causing a problem.

Agreed. Although I do realise he has to walk a fine line between keeping the players onside (do you hear that Murray!!) as in dressing room harmony, and trying to keep the customers off his back.

I think the team captain of the day should be there next to Micky, as well.

Taking the plaudits and taking the flak, when necessary.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Does apologising make it alright then? By the way Dean did critiscise when the team didn't play well !!

D

Deleted member 2719

He apologised after the boxing day game at millwall last season (Wilkins: Help Us Bounce Back | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest)

He apologised for not applauding the fans after one game (Wilkins: Bas Got Us Out Of Jail | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest)

and he apologised towards the end of the season he took over (Wilkins Throws Down Gauntlet | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest).

That's just from a simple 'Dean Wilkins apologises to fans' google search.

In fairness, apologies aren't always the sort of things you remember at the end of the season, especially on the back of performances you want to and eventually do forget.

Well spotted that Man.:thumbsup:

I Couldn't be bothered to search for them but i think if everyone really thinks about it Wilkins was probably one of our most Genuine managers of all time and some people just cannot judge people and i would put just about all the Anti Wilkins few in that category and the worse culprit of all has to be Dick Knight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here