Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As well as acepting all the plaudits MM please remember - no more Lee :jester:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Congrats to McGhee and the players, but as someone said above the hard work starts now. I just hope we can pull it off.

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
McGhee won that match for us this afty.
The substitution of Oatway for Hart was instrumental in us carving out that win. Finally, we had some width down the right, and from that moment on, Notts County were seriously on the ropes. When Hart was upended for that PENALTY which the ref idiotically booked him for, there was only going to be one winner.

The crowd were angry, the team got angry, and they simply battered County into submission. OK it was an own goal, but that goal was so much coming, there's no way they'd have survived till the 90th without conceding. We could easily have won by 2 or 3.

I seriously fancy us in the Playoffs.

Hart and Jones made such a difference yesterday and not long ago a few were complaining about them. Before they start flattering yourselves it's not because you had a go, it's because all players can go through rough patches. I wish these people (in particular those who sit behind me at the Withdean who wind me up every game) would stop being so bloody fickle

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brighton rock said:
think coppell had already done the hard work?

We were very good with SC as manager no doubt about it.

However McGhee got it back together so he deserves credit as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
perth seagull said:
Well done to McGhee and the Albion players.

Still think Tony Adams would've made a better manager?:)

No, but look at how the fans' preferred choice is doing. Iain Dowie. :down:

Brilliant, work Mark. Top stuff. Point of interest - while our away record has been utter shite, our home record is excellent. 15 out of our 23 homes games were clean sheets. 11 goals conceded at home - four of which were in one match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We will need some players although Yorkie reckoned Division 1 quality wasn't as good as last year.

Let's get there first then worry about what happens after :lolol:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Beach Hut said:
We will need some players although Yorkie reckoned Division 1 quality wasn't as good as last year.

true, playoff are not good for the heart when £25 million are hanging on it

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mission 1 accomlished, however it is worrying where the next goal is coming from. ONly 3 in the last five matches, of which one was an own goal, one a penalty and the other (JP at Blackpool) an outrageous deflection

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:

I'm going by one match which was the Rotherham/Bradford match.
We could have dealt comfortably with either of them. Having said that Bradford won't be there next season.

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
brighton rock said:
think coppell had already done the hard work?
Yes, iy was really hard work for Judas to bugger off to Reading!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whether we win the play offs or not I am very happy for Mark McGhee to lead our club in the season 2004/2005.

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Gareth Glover said:
Whether we win the play offs or not I am very happy for Mark McGhee to lead our club in the season 2004/2005.

And won't it be nice having a whole post season period where we don't have to worry who our manager is going to be next season!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brady's Old Lady said:
And won't it be nice having a whole post season period where we don't have to worry who our manager is going to be next season!!

I'll be happier when we get past October. Our last three changes of manager happened then.

Good on you, Gareth, to admit where you were wrong and acknowledge it.

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie said:
I'll be happier when we get past October. Our last three changes of manager happened then.

Good on you, Gareth, to admit where you were wrong and acknowledge it.

Surely Taylor left in May after the "last" div 2 promotion season. Then at the end of last season Coppell put us through what seemed like an eternity of "will he won't he" stayed - then f'ed off in october!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here