Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Jack Straw

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
As a former Government minister and the local MP for Blackburn he has once again spoken out. Previously he said he wasn't prepared to meet at his MP surgery with the lady's face covered. This attracted much media attention and debate at the time but he wasn't shot down or sacked because of his views.

In this mornings news he has highlighted that groups of Pakistani men are driving around looking for their thrills in Blackburn/Burnley with white women as they see them as "easy meat". Now before you come on the attack I suggest you do your homework on this because this is what he said in a recorded interview (his voice as well), so all my corners are covered.

Now as a Labour MP with much experience of his constituency I for one believe him especially his comment that they are highly strung men who are not allowed near Pakistani girls until they marry them. Prize for the first one to talk this one out. This case if had it been a tory would have been debatable but he's not and he is only saying what most of us know

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i thought he just took pictures of our football stadium... but wow :laugh:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually know the guy (the MP not the happy snapper) personally from his days as a minister in Government and on a personal level find him a thoroughly interesting bloke to talk to. He passionately believes in his policies, although that's a different story as I don't agree with the vast majority of them, but he is willing to listen to your views against his beliefs in an intelligent and well mannered way.

His personal views, as I believe these to be, have sometimes got him into hot water, although regularly misquoted by the media (there's a surprise). He would actually be a 'champion' MP if he was a representative in France as his views align quite closely to theirs regarding multicultural society. After the stabbing of an MP in his ward surgery you can probably understand his views regarding the Burkha. I find his personal views refreshing and are put on the table for sensible debate. He pushed through an awful lot of law to protect the racial minorities in his time in Govt. but that doesn't make good headline news for our ever lovable media.

I hope he keeps speaking out as it makes for interesting reading, whether or not you agree.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I actually know the guy (the MP not the happy snapper) personally from his days as a minister in Government and on a personal level find him a thoroughly interesting bloke to talk to. He passionately believes in his policies, although that's a different story as I don't agree with the vast majority of them, but he is willing to listen to your views against his beliefs in an intelligent and well mannered way.

His personal views, as I believe these to be, have sometimes got him into hot water, although regularly misquoted by the media (there's a surprise). He would actually be a 'champion' MP if he was a representative in France as his views align quite closely to theirs regarding multicultural society. After the stabbing of an MP in his ward surgery you can probably understand his views regarding the Burkha. I find his personal views refreshing and are put on the table for sensible debate. He pushed through an awful lot of law to protect the racial minorities in his time in Govt. but that doesn't make good headline news for our ever lovable media.

I hope he keeps speaking out as it makes for interesting reading, whether or not you agree.

Totally agree, for those not in the know he has just been on BBC news again at 8.08am. For those not awake yet try BBC iPlaye. r His views are correct, refreshing and one of a man who is not scared to speak his mind. If onlymost politicians could say it like he has. Its happening, its been brought to his attention and he has spoken. Cant wait till bhaexpress and porkypie wake up !! Love to hear their argument on this one

Last edited:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
A lot of the media are sadly being selective with his quotes, as usual, and only reporting that he has said Pakistani men in a very general way. When, as I understand it, he said a minority and also went on to say that the majority of child abuse in this country is still committed by white men. It's worrying that people even feel the need to debate the validity of his comments, rather than try and deal with the problem.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

sorry, nothing to say except, I like your avatar :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I've never met Jack Straw but he comes across as an intelligent and honourable man. I don't necessarily agree with all his policies but one thing I do appreciate is that he appears to try and stay out of the childish point scoring most politicians go in for ( maybe Simple Simon might like to take a leaf out of Jack's book ? ). For that reason alone I'm always prepared to listen to his arguments. We need more people like Jack Straw in politics - that way we might actually move forwards with consensus politics. Can't comment on the story in hand as I've not seen enough about it to form a sensible opinion.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
A lot of the media are sadly being selective with his quotes, as usual, and only reporting that he has said Pakistani men in a very general way. When, as I understand it, he said a minority and also went on to say that the majority of child abuse in this country is still committed by white men. It's worrying that people even feel the need to debate the validity of his comments, rather than try and deal with the problem.

Your head is in the sand, read the comments, visit the website, this discussion is not about child abuse. Its about the predatory hunting of white women by groups of Pakistani men.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
having lived in burnley i can confirm that this does indeed happen, it also happens in certian parts of manchester where i live now.

it's a strand of chav culture i think though, a general wave of disrespect that is quite visible these days in a minority of young people.

but i bet people have been saying that for decades!

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
It’s been going on for years and years that gangs of Pakistani men going round hunting white girls for sexual abuse.

Leeds, Huddersfield, Burnley, Birmingham, Rochdale, Preston, Oldham and Derby to name a few.

The last government and this one and the police turn a blind eye for being labelled racists. I always told my girlfriend’s daughter to always be home before dark and never talk to Asian men.

Last edited:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Your head is in the sand, read the comments, visit the website, this discussion is not about child abuse. Its about the predatory hunting of white women by groups of Pakistani men.

My head is not in the sand at all, I am fully aware of the problem and have looked into the details of it, but the way it is being reported it almost sounds like he is accusing all Pakistani men of this. It's clearly happening with a part of the community and needs to be dealt with, but people seem more intent to debate whether or not it is right to "accuse" a particular race, rather than deal with the problem. The Pakistani community needs to accept it and deal with it, which it appears some people are trying to do, but they have, to a man, stated that it is at the risk of their's and their family's lives.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm not generally a leftist but I've also got a lot of time for Jack Straw. I met him while I was based out in Delhi when he dropped in to speak to us all just before we were evacuated in summer 2002. He was very straight with all of us, which was really appreciated given that it was a pretty stressful time for all. He was really well regarded by many in the Foreign Office. I've just finished up the Blair autobiography and one of the things that struck me was that there was virtually no reason given for Straw's removal as Foreign Secretary apart from he had been there a while and it was time for a change. So much for a meritocracy then. Respect to the man.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unfortunately I think that some people will pick up on what is a specific issue, very much about sexual predation and "power", and try to generalise it to reinforce their personal racial intolerance.

Yes there is (as previously suggested) a "chav-like" culture of sexual predation among a small number of asian youths (so far predominantly in the north with the inevitability that it will spread) that this makes them appear "strong" and a view (commonly shared by other, non-asians, as anyone who has been on mediterranean holidays will know) that white British girls are easy targets. Like any sexual predators they target isolated/single girls to make it easier for them. There are gangs of white youths and gangs of black youths who do the same and the common link is the gang culture rather than the racial one. The current issue that Jack Straw is raising is that specifically among some asian youths this gang-badge-of-honour is becoming prevalent rather than unusual but it is a social rather than a racial issue.

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Britain has enough problems already at the moment without Jack Straw's views - but he's had the balls to come out and say it.

There's people on facebook doing their nut over this and could lead to racial tension and riots again that occured in 2002 places in Oldham with Combat 18 or the BNP.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
It's just a pity that only politicians who careers are coming to an end have the balls to comment like this. Any other up and coming minister would keep his/her mouth shut for fear of upsetting the leadership hence damaging their future.

To be fair Jack Straw knows the area better than any of us so his comments must be taken seriously, I appreciate this could lead to some bad racial tension in an area that suffers from this already,but, he is entitled to his views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here