Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Dean Macey (another Flintoff?!?)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Struggled for years with injury including during this event, and looks like "doing a Flintoff" to celebrate his gold medal...

[I just caught up with Dean Macey a few minutes ago after winning his first major championship. The Canvey Island decathlete talked up how much the win meant to him and dedicated it to his coach Greg Richards and his wife Lisa, who he told me "was back at home where she belongs looking after the cats and dogs!" He added: "It's only fair. I stay at home when she's on her hols - it's all about give and take isn't it?!"

Macey, bedecked in a Union Jack hat, said he had no plans to go out tonight - "I'll have to spend five hours in doping control" - but said he was "going to get the most drunk of his entire life tomorrow".

He added: "My family are here and us Maceys know how to rip up the town. Melbourne's not going to know what's hit it. We're going to rip it up and I'm going to get lashed, truly lashed. I deserve it don't you think?"

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
He got the gold then? Dope! Thought he'd injured himself in the javelin...

Yoda

English & European
:clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Nice one Deano. All that pain and being written off can be put behind you.

How did Dale Garland get on in the end? I've competed against him a few times. :blush:

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well done Deano.

I was even cheering you when you did your lap of honour.
(I was in the 3rd tier up.)

Have to admit I cheered the English girl who won the 400m more. She was awesome and comfortably beat the world and olympic champion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here