Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Crawley Town. (Merged)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Useless TWATS Swindon! Disappointing to see how many Albion fans support our local rivals.

(Sorry to ruin the love-in but I couldn't find a 'Bugger, Crawley won' thread for us Crawley-haters)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Useless TWATS Swindon! Disappointing to see how many Albion fans support our local rivals.

(Sorry to ruin the love-in but I couldn't find a 'Bugger, Crawley won' thread for us Crawley-haters)

Have to agree. When are Albion fans going to wake up to the fact that Crawley could be a threat to our club? If they get into the Football League then our fan base will be at risk. For someone who lives in Haywards Heath, or further north, they would have an option to see league football at cheaper prices, and possibly in a less 'corporate' atmosphere that may exist at The Amex.

As for Crawley's chant of 'One club in Sussex'?:wanker:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I hear Kuipers tried to f*** it up by gifting the ball to a Swindon player late on when the scores were level only for the Swindon striker to mess up with the goal at his mercy.

Only going on what the commentator said on SSP mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's always good to see plucky little minnows doing well, so it's a shame this fairytale FA Cup run of Swindon's has now ended at home to Crawley. Lets hope that doesn't signal their better players being sold for a pittance to bigger clubs like ourselves. Although, if that does happen, I'm reliably informed by their small army of fans that they have players nobody has ever heard of, all too ready to step into their shoes as a more than adequate replacement.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Well, aren't Brighton and Hove no longer technically in Sussex? (Unitary authority and all that)

Brighton & Hove is part of East Sussex and always will be - however much they bugger about with local government powers and boundaries.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brighton & Hove is part of East Sussex and always will be - however much they bugger about with local government powers and boundaries.
Really? I always considered Brighton part of East Sussex and Hove part of West Sussex.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well, aren't Brighton and Hove no longer technically in Sussex? (Unitary authority and all that)
You know what he means. The Albion are "Sussex's club" and I don't want anything to spoil that. Plus he's right about the potential claim on our mid/north Sussex support.

Still I look forward to the day when Crawley Town fans moan about all the 'plastic' Brighton fans in their midst.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
As Danny Wilson said in Saturday's Sheff Wed programme, they had "done the hard part by getting the draw away and taking Crawley back to Swindon" :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hove - West Sussex? No. Never.

* falls off chair in astonishment *
Wikipedia suggests you are right. I never knew that.

So if Brovian is right that BHA has always been the team of Sussex, then it follows that if Crawley are ever promoted, BHA will be the team for East Sussex and Crawley will be the team for West Sussex.

* runs away *

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I thought the Hove / Brighton boundary was the West & East Sussex boundary?

Not that it "really" matters.

Well done Crawley, credit where credit's due, although I do fear this may put an end to their league ambitions for another year at least?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Didnt West Sussex traditionally start along the A259 at Portslade near the power station, think I have seen a sign there.

West Sussex starts at Fishersgate along the A259 doesn't it?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the Hove / Brighton boundary was the West & East Sussex boundary?

Not that it "really" matters.

Well done Crawley, credit where credit's due, although I do fear this may put an end to their league ambitions for another year at least?
No, as BensGrandad say on the coast the West/East Sussex border is about at Portslade, although it isn't a dead straight line bisecting the county north/south.

And how does getting to the 3rd Round 'put end to their league ambitions for another year at least?'

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Like a couple of others on here, I don't wish Crawley well in the Cup or League. It's a shit hole of a place, filled with Palace and Chelsea wannabes. How can you want a place like that in the Football League? I'd prefer they stayed in their rightful place-non league.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, as BensGrandad say on the coast the West/East Sussex border is about at Portslade, although it isn't a dead straight line bisecting the county north/south.

And how does getting to the 3rd Round 'put end to their league ambitions for another year at least?'

Just feel that to make the step up from Conference you have to be 100% focussed and a cup run adds to squad pressures (injuries and suspensions etc) and missing Conference games can open up a gap between CTFC and AFC Wimbledon. Thats said, if they do have £1m to spend on players then all this is academic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here