Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Imagine being forced to leave your home country, to drop all your plans and start again somewhere entirely new. This is the reality for the thousands of refugees who have arrived in the UK over the last few years. But despite being displaced in unfamiliar surroundings, the people we’ve worked with have shown us time and again that they have the tenacity and ambition to start a new life in the UK.

Below are stories from people who we have had the pleasure of working with and have since settled and rebuilt their lives here in the UK – or forged a career helping others to do the same.

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-voices

Fartun's Story
Fartun has completed two courses with ACH/Himilo and has also been a volunteer at our weekly Job Club since September 2018. Her confidence has increased massively and she has gained the skills needed to have recently been offered a full-time job.

https://ach.org.uk/stories/fartuns-story

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Imagine being forced to leave your home country, to drop all your plans and start again somewhere entirely new. This is the reality for the thousands of refugees who have arrived in the UK over the last few years. But despite being displaced in unfamiliar surroundings, the people we’ve worked with have shown us time and again that they have the tenacity and ambition to start a new life in the UK.

Below are stories from people who we have had the pleasure of working with and have since settled and rebuilt their lives here in the UK – or forged a career helping others to do the same.

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-voices

Fartun's Story
Fartun has completed two courses with ACH/Himilo and has also been a volunteer at our weekly Job Club since September 2018. Her confidence has increased massively and she has gained the skills needed to have recently been offered a full-time job.

https://ach.org.uk/stories/fartuns-story

Really good to read these testimonies rather than just the callous Mail-type 'scroungers and rapists' hate propaganda. They provide some balance and anecdotal evidence that the facile 'send them back' mantra is simple bigotry....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really good to read these testimonies rather than just the callous Mail-type 'scroungers and rapists' hate propaganda. They provide some balance and anecdotal evidence that the facile 'send them back' mantra is a redundant and vacuous slogan.....

Isn’t it.
It’s one of the reasons I started this thread. Of course it was always going to get the inevitable layabout racists yapping away, bitter that someone from a war-zone can flee thousands of miles with precious few resources, risk life and limb and go on to become employed and give back to the U.K.
but let’s not let that obscure the truly amazing stories of those who made it and those who help them in the U.K.

Jan 30, 2008
Isn’t it.
It’s one of the reasons I started this thread. Of course it was always going to get the inevitable layabout racists yapping away, bitter that someone from a war-zone can flee thousands of miles with precious few resources, risk life and limb and go on to become employed and give back to the U.K.
but let’s not let that obscure the truly amazing stories of those who made it and those who help them in the U.K.

Deluded doesn't even cover it :facepalm:
Let's face it the majority are time wasting economic migrants poncing off the generocity of people like you its what they know best
how many more do you want arriving whats the figure you're prepared to see making illegal crossings of the English Channel ?

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mohammed's story;

Moving to Wolverhampton as a refugee, Mohammed met some friends who suggested for him to contact ACH. ACH helped Mohammed with a variety of different things when he arrived in the UK. Firstly, Mohammed was given a house to live in.

https://ach.org.uk/stories/mohammeds-story

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Mohammed's story;

Moving to Wolverhampton as a refugee, Mohammed met some friends who suggested for him to contact ACH. ACH helped Mohammed with a variety of different things when he arrived in the UK. Firstly, Mohammed was given a house to live in.

https://ach.org.uk/stories/mohammeds-story

Thanks....

By the way.... have you any idea what 'generocity' means? I think it must be a foreign word.... perhaps even from another planet.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Deluded doesn't even cover it :facepalm:
Let's face it the majority are time wasting economic migrants poncing off the generocity of people like you its what they know best
how many more do you want arriving whats the figure you're prepared to see making illegal crossings of the English Channel ?

Regards
DF

I do wonder why when people quite openly label you as a racist, your response is to nail the cliche

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Just my 2 pennies, I worked in this field for nearly 20 years on the front line 'dealing' with these types of arrivals. Yes they are illegal entrants by definition and all are 'arrested' and served paperwork to say so. It is a criminal offence to do so as defined by countless acts of parliament stemming from the original 1971 Act. Do we prosecute them? no of course not, too prohibitive and not conducive procedural wise to do so and would likely only get a fine anyway.

We cannot remove any 'illegal entrant' whilst their asylum claim is being heard, that's the law, so once they are here they are here to stay until concluded, as it is vey difficult to remove them back to their own countries without documentation (Passports. ID cards, proof of nationality). Some countries there are agreements in place to remove them on Home Office 'EUL Letters' such as Albania which makes it easier to remove them. Some countries such as Iran and Syria (political and current circs reasons etc) this remains nigh on impossible without aforesaid documents and as such even if their asylum is refused 'all appeal rights exhausted' they aren't going anywhere and will remain here without any status, no doubt in the 'black' economy. Take the Iranian embassy hostage taker that was released from prison, deportation order in place, no legal status to be in UK but cannot be removed because Iran don't want him back and we had no 'document' for him, therefore he is here to stay unless he departs on his own free will.

And any removals are conducted by an admin process not deportation hence we call it 'removing them', deportations are those from the criminal system in the main, or as the direction of the SoS as not being conducive to the public good.

As an aside when I was involved 80% of asylum applications were refused at the outset, this may have changed since and does not take into account grants after appeal etc, and yes (rightly or wrongly) most fighting age single males 16-45 are considered economic migrants rather than genuine asylum seekers, families etc are taken as such on their own merit.

Also, yes we do encounter migrants in lorries leaving the UK as well!

Anyway I could go on but happy to answer any questions if there are any.

Thanks

Jan 30, 2008
Just my 2 pennies, I worked in this field for nearly 20 years on the front line 'dealing' with these types of arrivals. Yes they are illegal entrants by definition and all are 'arrested' and served paperwork to say so. It is a criminal offence to do so as defined by countless acts of parliament stemming from the original 1971 Act. Do we prosecute them? no of course not, too prohibitive and not conducive procedural wise to do so and would likely only get a fine anyway.

We cannot remove any 'illegal entrant' whilst their asylum claim is being heard, that's the law, so once they are here they are here to stay until concluded, as it is vey difficult to remove them back to their own countries without documentation (Passports. ID cards, proof of nationality). Some countries there are agreements in place to remove them on Home Office 'EUL Letters' such as Albania which makes it easier to remove them. Some countries such as Iran and Syria (political and current circs reasons etc) this remains nigh on impossible without aforesaid documents and as such even if their asylum is refused 'all appeal rights exhausted' they aren't going anywhere and will remain here without any status, no doubt in the 'black' economy. Take the Iranian embassy hostage taker that was released from prison, deportation order in place, no legal status to be in UK but cannot be removed because Iran don't want him back and we had no 'document' for him, therefore he is here to stay unless he departs on his own free will.

And any removals are conducted by an admin process not deportation hence we call it 'removing them', deportations are those from the criminal system in the main, or as the direction of the SoS as not being conducive to the public good.

As an aside when I was involved 80% of asylum applications were refused at the outset, this may have changed since and does not take into account grants after appeal etc, and yes (rightly or wrongly) most fighting age single males 16-45 are considered economic migrants rather than genuine asylum seekers, families etc are taken as such on their own merit.

Thanks

Thanks for your honest post on the topic , don't hold your breath on any Questions from the 'asylum' apologists on here

Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Thanks

Thanks for your '2 pennies'. You omitted to mention what specifically your role in this field was. Please will you explain that.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Immigration Enforcement Officer- and no I'm not a Nazi and yes I do sleep at night,

No need to be defensive.... so presumably you were expected to enforce government policy, without passing opinion on it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Thanks

Hopefully that will set some people’s minds at rest. As has been pointed out many times, we aren’t just letting them in and giving them all houses and pizza, no questions asked.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
No need to be defensive.... so presumably you were expected to enforce government policy, without passing opinion on it?

Apologies, old habits die hard, Indeed, although we all had an opinion of course, much like the rest of the country :)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Apologies, old habits die hard, Indeed, although we all had an opinion of course, much like the rest of the country :)

For many years you have been on the front line carrying out edicts of the UK leaders, no matter how difficult or controversial. Respect for that. It would be surprising if you were not a little defensive of your role. Since leaving the service you are of course entirely entitled to your view on the subject..... and you have given us a further insight into it so thanks.

Jan 30, 2008
I do wonder why when people quite openly label you as a racist, your response is to nail the cliche

People can call me what they want :facepalm: if showing concerns for people making a illegal crossing of the English channel without any ID makes you a racist in your eyes you need to wake up and smell the coffee pretty sharpish!

Not everyone with views on this topic is a pinko liberal you know

Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

it's a contradiction in terms, if you have a right to claim asylum and that has to be heard though due legal process, then what you are doing is not illegal

Any person's human rights as a refugee are enshrined into UK law. If they are rescued at sea, under maritime law and once they reach UK soil and claim asylum at no point are they breaking any law.

Jan 30, 2008
it's a contradiction in terms, if you have a right to claim asylum and that has to be heard though due legal process, then what you are doing is not illegal

Any person's human rights as a refugee are enshrined into UK law. If they are rescued at sea, under maritime law and once they reach UK soil and claim asylum at no point are they breaking any law.

How many do you want this country to accept ,give us a figure don't be shy ?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
How many do you want this country to accept ,give us a figure don't be shy ?

More relevantly how many would people who hold such views as yours find an acceptable number and under what circumstances?

Take your time and get some help with spelling and punctuation so your response doesn't look too stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here