Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming Back Russel Salde Back To Withdean

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I shall give him the same warm applause I give all ex-Albionites returning, with the exception of those knob heads that now play for that South Coast Club

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
One of the few characters in football I genuinely liked, top bloke but I do feel he was architect of his own downfall by not improving the backroom staff.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Slade did a terrific job as manager, and was treated shockingly by the club, he needed time to turn things around in his first full season, unfortunately he wasn't given it. I hope he gets a fantastic reception tonight.

:clap:

Disagree with that. What has happened since proved Tony Bloom was right. I don't think Slade had much luck last season and I am not disputing that he did a great job the season before but what Poyet and his team have done since to turn the team around proves that the timing was right. I was gutted when Slade was sacked and supported him at the time but if you look at what we were playing like then compared to now, it is a different class.

Having said all that, I am still looking forward to giving Slade a great reception when we play them in the league as I cannot make it to the game tonight. He saved the club from a disastrous relegation and we shouldn't forget that but Poyet clearly is a much better manager.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Disagree with that. What has happened since proved Tony Bloom was right. I don't think Slade had much luck last season and I am not disputing that he did a great job the season before but what Poyet and his team have done since to turn the team around proves that the timing was right. I was gutted when Slade was sacked and supported him at the time but if you look at what we were playing like then compared to now, it is a different class.

Having said all that, I am still looking forward to giving Slade a great reception when we play them in the league as I cannot make it to the game tonight. He saved the club from a disastrous relegation and we shouldn't forget that but Poyet clearly is a much better manager.

Poyet has proved nothing yet and inherited a superior squad to the one Slade took over. I too am excited about the future under Poyet but feel that for the job Slade did in keeping us up he deserved more time to turn things around the following season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poyet has proved nothing yet and inherited a superior squad to the one Slade took over. I too am excited about the future under Poyet but feel that for the job Slade did in keeping us up he deserved more time to turn things around the following season.

Has now got rid of most of those players and a number that Slade brought in hence we are now playing much better football and will surely go on to better things in the not too distant future.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like Gritt he did a fantastic job against the odds but both proved to be incapable of building on the great escapes they pulled off. Maybe he deserved more time but the discipline at the club seemed to be appalling when you consider the late goals conceded and sendings off in those 12 League games he had last season. It was arguably a harsh call by Bloom to sack him so early but it seems it was the right one imo.

I hope he gets a really good reception though.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
One of my favourite Brighton managers based on the fact he's just so NICE.

Even in the build up to his sacking, it wasn't hate it was sadness. I wanted him to take us to bigger and better things so much because he deserves success.

If i was going he'd be getting love a plenty.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Performed absolute miracles, relegation in that season would have been absolutely horrific for the club and he saved us. Also, people forget he signed Navarro and Bennett, arguably our two best players during the second half of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here