Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weird phonecall regarding internet.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not a scam company, but I love wasting all cold callers time. A few years back I kept a cold call salesman on the phone for about 45 minutes when he phoned to ask if I would like a conservatory. All was going swimmingly well and eventually we agreed that a salesman could call at my address, which I gave him. First floor flat.....

suremike

Aug 6, 2011
Just had a phonecall from a man with a Indian accent, couldnt understand a word but was not with my Internet provider saying that my laptop has a virus, and that i need to listen to him and he will tell me how to get it of my computer, thing is i had my laptop 5 days so i doubt i have a virus considering i have not downloaded a single thing on it, and have brought virus software instead of the free ones.

Is this a scam going round.???

Had the same call last year implying they had some connection with Microsoft. I asked for a phone number to call back which he (surprisingly) gave me. Called back to what sounded like a busy office (sound effects?) but when I started asking awkward questions and let him know that I did know something about computers he put the phone down.
Searches on the net shows that this is some sort of scam or con. Do not give out ANY details to these people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here