Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weird phonecall regarding internet.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Just had a phonecall from a man with a Indian accent, couldnt understand a word but was not with my Internet provider saying that my laptop has a virus, and that i need to listen to him and he will tell me how to get it of my computer, thing is i had my laptop 5 days so i doubt i have a virus considering i have not downloaded a single thing on it, and have brought virus software instead of the free ones.

Is this a scam going round.???

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Scam. Fact.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yep its a scam, how would he know you had a virus. Expect he was going to get you to a website which would infect you laptop

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Scam. You can have great fun with these people. They're scum, so waste as much of their time as possible (provided you have time spare).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just had a phonecall from a man with a Indian accent, couldnt understand a word but was not with my Internet provider saying that my laptop has a virus

Wirus, shurely?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Get loads of these in Australia. I love letting them try and tell me my windows computer is telling them I have a virus, and get them to yak me through event viewer, and seem perplexed when I can't find it on my Linux pc...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What system are you operating - Vindows Wista?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I usually ask him which part of Kolcatta, india, he is calling from, saying that my phone is connected to my laptop and I can see where he is calling from. Freaks the caller out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here