Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weepy Films

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
First time I've mentioned it, as far as I can remember. Maybe I just don't think about booze as much as some...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
First time I've mentioned it, as far as I can remember. Maybe I just don't think about booze as much as some...

Least my avatars not wearing dark glasses during the hours of daylight. Enough said ;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Meade's_Ball said:
That he was the lecherous inbred his own initials spelt. I believe he saw MoH in a dog's playground, looking randy and whippy.

Why was LI in the playground?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I well up all the time but the only film that makes me cry properly is Spirited Away, and it's not even sad really.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lassie (2005)
Directed by
Charles Sturridge

Photo Gallery (27 photos) more

Genre: Adventure / Family (more)

Tagline: More Than A Hero. A Legend.

Plot Outline: A family in financial crisis is forced to sell Lassie, their beloved dog. Hundreds of miles away from her true family, Lassie escapes and sets out on a journey home. (view trailer)

User Comments: Great inspirational movie! (more)

User Rating: 6.9/10 (430 votes)

Cast overview, first billed only:

Samantha Morton .... Sarah Carraclough

Peter O'Toole .... The Duke
Hester Odgers .... Cilla
Gerry O'Brien .... Watson
Steve Pemberton .... Hynes
Eamonn Hunt .... Alf Patterson
John Lynch .... Sam Carraclough
Jim Roche .... Miner
Jonathan Mason .... Joe Carraclough
Gabrielle Lloyd .... Miss Branson
Paul Meade .... Policeman
Susie Lambe .... Martha (as Susie Lamb)
Jemma Redgrave .... Daisy
Terence Orr .... Butler
Alec Heggie .... Truck Driver
(more)

MPAA: Rated PG for some mild violent content and language.
Runtime: 100 min
Language: English
Colour: Color
Sound Mix: DTS / Dolby Digital
Certification: Australia:pG / Ireland:pG / Portugal:M/6 / Finland:K-7 / UK:pG / Iceland:L / Sweden:Btl / Singapore:pG / USA:pG

Trivia: One thread that connects all the Lassie projects is Lassie herself. Every one of the long string of Lassie productions has featured a collie directly descended from the original canine star, a dog named Pal. The new film was made with 8-year-old Lassie the ninth, and three other non-related collies, whose biggest challenge were in scenes swimming across Loch Ness on her way home. "They weren't bred to be water dogs, who have more webbing between their feet and more fat on their body to insulate them for the water," said trainer Carol Riggins, who has steered the Lassie stable through Lassies seven, eight and nine. "Collies don't have that. When you put them in the water, as soon as they get wet to the skin you have to take them out and you have to blow dry them before you can do the rest of the scene. When they get in the water they get cold and their muscles don't work as well." (more)

Goofs: Anachronisms: The steam train has a British Railways logo on the tender, but British Railways didn't come into existence until after the war, certainly not before or during the war, the period in which the film is set. (more)

Awards: 1 nomination (more)

LASSIE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Comments:

1 out of 1 people found the following comment useful:-
Great inspirational movie!, 5 September 2006

Author: jimreed from Upland, California

Outstanding movie! Story well told.

If anyone in Europe has seen this film, do you know whether that was an Irish or Scottish blessing that the owner of the dog Toots said while his dog was dying. Something like "If life has blessings to spare, may God grant them to you now." Does anyone know the exact words? Thanks much. Highly recommend this movie to families. I had originally thought that the movie was based on the Timmy and Lassie series on television here in the USA. I was surprised because I didn't know the original story and Man of Harvey's and Les Biehn told me it was shit but I'm so glad that I took the time to see the film. The characters are played by excellent actors and the sound track is very inspirational as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shant

tedebear said:
I watched a Sally Field movie once where she had seven children and she was dying and she gave each and every one of them away....Called "Who will love my Children" or something....I vaguly remember it being rather bad cinematopgraphy but I cried like anything for each child she gave away...

How much could she have got for them anyway? It's not like are rare, or gain in value. Best to give them away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here