Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekend in Amsterdam

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Anyone been on one? Any ideas how much it will cost?

We are thinking of going, one of my mates found a package-£299 for flights, 3 nights accomodation and an ajax ticket.

But a quick search found flights for £16 and accomodation for less than £50 for 3 nights.

:drink: :jester:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** packages. Get a last minute flight and sort accomodation out when you get there and spend what you have saved on drugs and hookers.

Splendid.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Ajax tickets are only about £8 as well. Rip off price. Last time I went we stayed in the amsterdam marriot hotel 4 stars and only £80 a night for a twin room.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
f*** packages. Get a last minute flight and sort accomodation out when you get there and spend what you have saved on drugs and hookers.

Splendid.

hes got the right idea, I went a few months back and flights and accomodation for 3 nights coat £129, not the best hotel, but I spent less than 6 hours in it all weekend !!!!

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I went in May.
Paid £110 for a flight. 2 nights in a hostel with my mates, £25.
Loads on gear, booze but alas no prosy.

Amsterdam was 10x better than what I thought it migt be. Go fatboy, go.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Go to the Heineken factory.
Interesting fact, when Mr Heineken first had the label designed, he sent it back and gor hem to make the 'e' more like a smiley. Look at the label next you have a tin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Try heartofamsterdam@hotmail.com. What it lacks as a hotel, it makes up for in location. Next to Cassa (sp), live shows, etc. Make sure u have plenty of 2 euro coins to hand!.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Last minute flights are more expensive, use Easyjet and book well in advance and you can pick up flights from £6.99 one way, Amsterdam is quality, its mental when Ajax are at home, the Arena is a taxi or train ride away from the Centre, hotels are inexpensive depending what you are looking for. I can recomend the 4* Park Hotel by The Leidesplein, or if you are on a budget check out the Winston right in the heart of the Red Light district.
Watch out for the Turks who constantly try to flog you Coke & E's which is crushhed anadin, they are not backward in coming forward and they will piss you off !!

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Went over for the England v Holland game a last year. Hotel Europe cost us about fifteen quid per person per night. Near the Heineken brewery too. Seem to remember a sweet cafe with a waitress with amazing jugs, but the name escapes me. The highlight was getting into the Ajax ArenA players bar and teaching a few players the alternative "You'll never walk alone" (Ajax's team song, allegedly) anthem ("Sign on.... cos you'll never get a job). They loved it.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Bit of a long shot, but was the cafe painted bright yellow outside??! If so shot in there after the beer tour and then chilled out............

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Amsterdam rocks. There is a really good place we stayed at on a stag do called hotel arena which was cheap but really good wuality and not to far from the centre of Amsterdam.

Possibly the most debauched weekend of my entire life!!!! And that really is saying something!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
i have been but can't remeber how much the flight was (we went flight only), we ended up in a bed and breakfast over there which wasn't that expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here