Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekend Citybreaks Help Needed!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
As in peach schnaps? Wicked, the missus is going to get HAMMERED. Do they also do the garlic mushrooms? Had them at the Frankfurt market in Birmingham last week, mmmmmm. :drool:

Helsinki's quality as well. Cheap flights but VERY expensive when you get there.

Any kind of schnaps you like. Nut schnaps is particularly potent on a cold winter's day.

As for garlic mushrooms, not too sure but you should be able to find Langos quite easily - it's like a circular garlic nan.

May I recommend the Naschmarkt - a permanent market full of stands serving food from across the world. About as cosmopolitan as Austria allows itself to be.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not cold here yet ..but the malls are decorated up already.. ..move out of center for three or four tram stops and you will eat and drink a WHOLE lot cheaper..and meet Czech people haha.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
For Bear Pride? :safeway Went two years ago and had a right laugh.

Do NOT go to Sofia, it is SHIT.

We're off to Vienna next weekend, should be nice and CHRISTMASSY and that.

I am not quite sure what Bear Pride is, but I gather it is gay?

Vienna is a really lovely place, it was nice when I was there with thousands of England fans, so god only knows how nice it is without them!

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
Go to Athens, its cheap to say at flights are slightly more than other places (easy jet usually the best) full of culture good food and old things.

Its all down to what you like though really, and what you are looking for. but if i were you and you want a good all round place try Athens (if you do go get a pass from the parthnenon to go to all major sites, and then pay for the ach musuem their all amazing) although im biased im in my third year of a degree in anc hist . Oh by the way Rome is also nice :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here