Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekend Citybreaks Help Needed!

Bert365

May 7, 2006
We want to go away for a long weekend maybe venice or somthing like it But are undecided on location looking for somthing around 600quid in december anyone recommend any nice places
Cheers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Prague again.
Lovely and cold, Wenslas (sp) Square, is full of Christmas stalls, and not all of it is tat.

Friends do say good things about Brussels.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Prague at xmas is spectacular.when i was there it was under a few foot of snow and just magic,the markets/stalls.charles bridge.the castle under snow.nice off the beaten track taverns...brilliant

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, Prague at this time of year. Magic!

Also, have read that Iceland is suddenly good value since the credit crunch, which was never the case before. Maybe worth a look?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Prague is beautiful, epsecially in the snow, but I'd also strongly recommend Bruges. Went their for our wedding anniversary earlier this year, and absolutely fell in love with the place.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
We're off to Vienna next weekend, should be nice and CHRISTMASSY and that.

Excellent choice, my man. Vienna will be full of Christmas markets which means punsch, schnaps and all manner of pork-based snacks.

Just watch out for the market outside the town hall - always manically full, mainly with Italian tourists. Schönbrunn castle had a good one last year.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Prague is beautiful, epsecially in the snow, but I'd also strongly recommend Bruges. Went their for our wedding anniversary earlier this year, and absolutely fell in love with the place.

Seconded. A lovely city. Would reccommend a boat trip along the canal whilst you're there

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Strasbourg is also a lovely place with a good Christmas market but defo more expensive than Vienna.

Eating out in Vienna is pretty reasonably priced compared to many other European capitals.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Seville

Fantastic

CatedralSeville.jpg

Excellent choice, my man. Vienna will be full of Christmas markets which means punsch, schnaps and all manner of pork-based snacks.

Just watch out for the market outside the town hall - always manically full, mainly with Italian tourists. Schönbrunn castle had a good one last year.

As in peach schnaps? Wicked, the missus is going to get HAMMERED. Do they also do the garlic mushrooms? Had them at the Frankfurt market in Birmingham last week, mmmmmm. :drool:

Helsinki's quality as well. Cheap flights but VERY expensive when you get there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here