Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weekend away between December 29ish - 4th jan Ideas?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Anyone got any idea where is good to go for this time of year with the g.f? Vienna? Brugges? Ideas wanted please! thanks in advance

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am currently planning exactly the same thing.
Two years ago did Barcelona and it was absolutely brilliant.
Last year Rome, lucky with the weather for the second year running.
This year I'm thinking about Malta, or Lisbon. Need to see the sunshine. Will be watching the other recomendations on this thread.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have only been away a couple of times over the Xmas/New Year period, once was to Mexico (a little far to go for the weekend, but good if you can get a cheap deal), the other time was skiing in Austria...I can heartily recommend the St Johann area not far from Salzburg, the locals were really welcoming and the snow and scenery were stunning.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am currently planning exactly the same thing.
Two years ago did Barcelona and it was absolutely brilliant.
Last year Rome, lucky with the weather for the second year running.
This year I'm thinking about Malta, or Lisbon. Need to see the sunshine. Will be watching the other recomendations on this thread.

:ohmy:

Don't go to Malta. NEVER go to Malta :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A couple of years ago we went to Budapest over new year, absolutely fantastic but very cold. If you like cold then it's definitely my choice and good value and friendly when your there.

And the Women, oh my Lord, the Women.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A log cabin in the Scottish Highlands for Hogmanay would be my choice.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A log cabin in the Scottish Highlands for Hogmanay would be my choice.

Cripes! what a misery that would be ! penny pinching beancounter :lolol:

My advice is to go to Brugge, Lovely clean town, nice people,A1* beers and fantastic food...:thumbsup:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I know its almost a bit run of the mill now to go here, though I took my ex to prague for new year. It was so good, more fireworks than I've ever seen from the castle at midnight overlooking the city, cheeap booze, xmas market in the old town with mulled wine, theres some not bad clubs there as well and loads of galleries and stuff. It might have helped that everything was under snow so it looked amazing, very romantic

shame she was a twat though I should have just f***ed off to one of the strip bars

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cripes! what a misery that would be ! penny pinching beancounter :lolol:

My advice is to go to Brugge, Lovely clean town, nice people,A1* beers and fantastic food...:thumbsup:

Er, that would be more expensive than any of the holidays posted on here.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I should be headed down to the UAE. I was quite surprised at the amount of Christmas decorations and celebrations there, even the Arabic Immigration Officer wished me a 'Merry Christmas' !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lapland. After all the kiddy winks have done the Santa thing prices drop right back.

The Climate is just astonishing (varied between -30 and +1 when we were there!) simply beautiful too.

Get yourself a log cabin with a sauna and chill out!

P.S. Dont forget to buy any spirits you might want to imbibe on the way in because otherwise you have to order it from the post office and wait 24 hours to recieve your order..sort of a "cooling off" period to deter the locals from alcoholism.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Er, that would be more expensive than any of the holidays posted on here.

Are you saying it costs more for 4 days in a dark,damp, miserable log cabin stuck miles from civilisation surrounded by Sweaties ?

What I am saying is to splurge a bit and go somewhere vibrant yet fairly local... hang the expense US, remember the fine words of the Bard, Sir Nodbert of Holder " IT'S CHRISTMAS "

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do like the look of Bruges. I hired the wonderul In Bruges the other day and the city looks magical.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do like the look of Bruges. I hired the wonderul In Bruges the other day and the city looks magical.

Welcome back to the real world....... its great, I have drunk in a bar there that goes back to c. 1700, its fantasticaly clean and the locals are friendly and the food is lovely. We had a gorgeous Beef Stew and some beers in the Half-Moon Brewery among many other great times... do it US.. but, don't tell the locals your job :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here