Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
And one of the scientists involved used to play keyboards for D:Ream...

what ever happened to them?

It's like they have disapeared off the face of the planet of something :shrug:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
to tell the truth it appears that the falling rates of bumblees are more threatening than the particle blaster thing.

Was it not Einstein that said planet earth would cease to be, an ex-planet etc. if the bee disappeared altogether? I blame the boom of the mobile phone.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'm a bit scared about this, these kind of things always get the better of me and play on my mind.

But I guess there is NO WAY, these scientists would be allowed to go ahead with this if it posed ANY threat to the safety of the world.

It just wouldn't happen...or would it?

I'm a bit scared about this, these kind of things always get the better of me and play on my mind.

But I guess there is NO WAY, these scientists would be allowed to go ahead with this if it posed ANY threat to the safety of the world.

I don't mean to worry you, but will anyway.

This is extremely experimental science; they can't guarantee anything. Have you played Half-Life? It's kind of like the beginning to that... :laugh:

Dont worry, they shouldn't pose too much of a risk I would even create a Armageddon day to mock the idiots who think the world will end, they might all belong to one of those american cults who try to predict the end of the world for years but it never happens. Im actually surprised the thread got 6 votes that we will all die, it is very safe and very unlikely that it will kill us. If it WILL kill us all, ah well they were right but dont worry about it.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Don't know about you, but to me the idea of trying to recreate the big bang just a few hundred feet below ground, sounds a tad dangerous!

I dont really give a shit about science and how the world came about! My attitude is that the earth is here now, and we are all living on it at the moment. I think we'd like to keep it that way!!

Yeah when I heard it the first time I thought I wouldnt want to get involved, but the CERN's biggest concern is that the tunnel may be too short to get a good result,

2,000 scientists from some of the most advanced countries in the world are confident that the result is positive compared to around 20 chemists who believe it will be the cause of 2012, I believe they are also all old and retired, the only idiots from the media who believe them are FOX news . plus check its neil's post. the safety of the LHC would cheer you up a little.

I wonder if there are any signs of it being sensed in britain. mabye animals will react to it.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Quote:
One of them, Professor Otto Rossler, a retired German chemist, said he feared the experiment may create a devastating quasar – a mass of energy fuelled by black holes – inside the Earth.

‘Nothing will happen for at least four years,’ he said. ‘Then someone will spot a light ray coming out of the Indian Ocean during the night and no one will be able to explain it.

‘A few weeks later, we will see a similar beam of particles coming out of the soil on the other side of the planet. Then we will know there is a little quasar inside the planet.’

Prof Rossler said that as the spinning-top-like quasar devoured the world from within, the two jets emanating from it would grow and catastrophes such as earthquakes and tsunamis would occur at the points they emerged from the Earth.

‘The weather will change completely, wiping out life, and very soon the whole planet will be eaten in a magnificent scenario – if you could watch it from the moon. A Biblical Armageddon. Even cloud and fire will form, as it says in the Bible.

That would be f***ing class. Let's face it, if the end of the world is going to happen, especially in some fiery Biblical Armageddon, it's going to be worth seeing.

Brilliant! The Mayan civilisation predicted the world would end in 2012! :clap2:

More info on the device is here... LHC Machine Outreach

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was reading about this last week, a group are trying to stop them through the courts as the is a small possibily that a small black hole could be created which would suck the world through gradually over the next four years.

I think there is already a black hole on Earth, it is called Croydon, the last time I went there it felt like the life was being sucked out of me...

...and before anyone makes lewd comments, it was for the game of 5 penalties!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
what ever happened to them?

It's like they have disapeared off the face of the planet of something :shrug:

A collection of scientific boffins at Belfast University came up with the formula t=b2 - (4r/7x) , which concluded that things, disappointingly, can not only get better, but in fact sometimes get worse.

After hearing that, they retired gracefully to await the end of the world.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Does this have anything to do with the tunnel on the A27 above Shoreham?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
A collection of scientific boffins at Belfast University came up with the formula t=b2 - (4r/7x) , which concluded that things, disappointingly, can not only get better, but in fact sometimes get worse.

After hearing that, they retired gracefully to await the end of the world.

Except for the one of them that went off to cause it, clearly...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here