Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wedding music

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We were really lucky and had an organist given as a wedding present, I came in to the church to Good Old Sussex By The Sea and while signing the certificates we had The Wombles song for my wife who was a season ticket holder with Wimbledon at the time.

Before our first dance which was Dream a Little Dream by The Mamas and The Papas we had a game of football the Brides family and friends against the Groomes family and friends, it was more like the Eton Wall game with 50 aside.

We still argue over the result.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
We walked into the registry office together to Sussex By The Sea and signed the register to People Like Us by Talking Heads.

During the meal we played soundtracks to films: Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Amelie and Out Of Sight are the ones I remember.

Our first dance was supposed to be I'd Rather Be With You by Bootsy Collins, but for some reason it spontaneously became Who Loves The Sun by Velvet Underground. We danced to Bootsy Collins later in the evening!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The theme from Twin Peaks and one of the pieces from 'Once Upon a Time In America' (not the main theme, which is what I actually wanted).

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I'm getting married next year. GOSBTS will feature somewhere...

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Not wed yet, but i have my heart set on the Big Break themetune. "I'm gonna be snookering you tonight!"

brilliant as ever MB!

Missus walked in to "you take my breath away" by eva cassidy
had a friend sing "make you feel my love"
walked out to GOSBTS
1st dance was "son of a preacher man"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We only had one song at our ceremony, Nick Cave and The Bad Seed's Nature Boy blasted out once the deed was done.

We had the Spellbound guys doing our disco, at The Freebutt. We didnt really have a first dance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just out of interest as we're sorted for ours but...

...but..but I didn't even know you were getting married mate!

May I be so bold as to suggest 'It's Raining Men' by The Weather Girls?

With the impending death of your esteemed bachelorhood, at least it would bring back some memories of a regular weekend pursuit of 2 very large ladies in Club Barcelona in our scoundrel days...:wink:

(But seriously, good work fella.:smile:)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
A friend of mine is walking down the ailse to I do I do I do...Abba for fun !

I had "Something" by the Beatles as our 1st dance.

We had the Abba song I do I do I do as we left the ceremony, after starting with a variant of the traditional wedding march.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Not tied the knot myself, but at the most recent wedding I went to my good friends had their first dance to "Most Beautiful Girl in the Room" by Flight of the Conchords. Perfect song really - all friends thought it was funny, and all the elderly thought it sounded like a sweet song without really catching on (until the word "prostitute" appears...)

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Wife walked down the aisle to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring." (for the fact that the Beach Boys based 'Lady Lynda' on it and my wife's name is Lynda).

Did the signing to a member of the choir performing a stunning rendition of Ave Maria.

First dance was "I swear" by All-4-One.

My parents wanted "Fight the Good Fight" at their wedding but weren't allowed.

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
My wife walked down the 'aisle' to Take Thats Greatest Day, we left to Good Old Sussex By The Sea.......seeing as we are both STH's,.its seemed most appropriate!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here