Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster injury

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
After international break means after November 16th... so good news considering the stretcher IMHO...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Similar to Duffy’s injury then, out for about 3-4 weeks, 2 of those weeks being the international break is a big bonus for BHA.

If this is correct then it’s GREAT news. Shane has his chance to WIN his place back but in the knowledge his main competition is going to be back quite soon, once Webster is fit he has to try to WIN his place back. Serious competition for places, just as it should be. It’s all over the pitch too now, GK and up top being the only slight exceptions.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Similar to Duffy’s injury then, out for about 3-4 weeks, 2 of those weeks being the international break is a big bonus for BHA.

If this is correct then it’s GREAT news. Shane has his chance to WIN his place back but in the knowledge his main competition is going to be back quite soon, once Webster is fit he has to try to WIN his place back. Serious competition for places, just as it should be. It’s all over the pitch too now, GK and up top being the only slight exceptions.

Watching Potter speak at the press conf on video he seemed to more or less agree with the '4 weeks or so' comment from the floor. So, basically he's turned his ankle and strained it. Much better news than it could've been.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watching Potter speak at the press conf on video he seemed to more or less agree with the '4 weeks or so' comment from the floor. So, basically he's turned his ankle and strained it. Much better news than it could've been.

Love to be wrong but I am reading months rather than weeks into this, given how cagey Albion are about injuries and it normally turns out to be quite a bit longer than early prognosis. It looked bad given he had to come off on a stretcher and the fact it’s taken nearly a week to get news on the injury doesn’t sound good either.

Duffy is going to get a run and I have no problem with that :shrug:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18024558.adam-webster-recovering-ankle-ligament-damage/

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
No-one really knows - I guess it depends on the player, his body, the seriousness of the injury and the effectiveness of his rehab.

And if it is a recurring injury.:glare:

My source informs me it is an old injury. I can reveal nothing more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Looking forward to Webster getting back ASAP, Duffy will be targeted in a press and will be our achillies heel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Love to be wrong but I am reading months rather than weeks into this, given how cagey Albion are about injuries and it normally turns out to be quite a bit longer than early prognosis. It looked bad given he had to come off on a stretcher and the fact it’s taken nearly a week to get news on the injury doesn’t sound good either.

Duffy is going to get a run and I have no problem with that :shrug:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18024558.adam-webster-recovering-ankle-ligament-damage/

Wouldn’t totally agree. Ankle sprains hurt like a b*tch (I’ve suffered a few running) and are very difficult to put any weight at all on and grade for severity initially so a stretcher would have been precautionary. Then, there is no point scanning until the swelling has gone down which can take several days. I don’t think it’ll be as bad as some fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here