Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Website Building

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
I dont think I have ever come across anyone as pompous as myob. he doesnt seem to know that his are only opinions, not the unquestionable truth.

ive been using Windows and windows-based products (such as frontpage and ie) for almost as long as hes been alive and ive never 'caught' anything. i hate these nerdy knowitalls with their conspiracy theories.

i bet he looks like this

geek_nerd_costume_kit.jpg

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Vlad the Impala said:
I dont think I have ever come across anyone as pompous as myob. he doesnt seem to know that his are only opinions, not the unquestionable truth.

ive been using Windows and windows-based products (such as frontpage and ie) for almost as long as hes been alive and ive never 'caught' anything. i hate these nerdy knowitalls with their conspiracy theories.

i bet he looks like this

geek_nerd_costume_kit.jpg

So you were using Windows when it was purely 16 bit and had no non-Microsoft applications then? Impressive.

Conspiracy theories? What theories? That Microsoft make poor software? Thats not a theory, thats fact. Especially when you consider Microsoft actively move their good programmers into the gaming and Macintosh divisions and off Windows.

Oh, and I look like This. Or at least I did about a year ago.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
To be honest, there's no shortcut to learning at least some HTML. Because even Dreamweaver needs a spot of hand coded HTML intervention to get the best results from it.

I guess it depends what sort of site you want to build and how much effort you want to put into it but I wouldn't recommend Front Page if you want a site that doesn't look like it's been built in Front Page!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Learn HTML and a little javascript - it's relatively easy.

I've jusy helped a friend of mine do an online course. She started with NO knowledge at all and ended up quite proficient.

I'm not sure that the big packages like dreamweaver are actually the thing if you want to learn the actual HTML.

They tend to fill your pages up with such unneccesary rubbish.

Fine when you've picked up a good grounding in HTML but I tend to think that you need to learn at least a little first.

I actually type the HTML into frontpage and notepad. For the serious stuff I use something called Visual Studio.Net

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here