Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

webcam picture favour!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
i'm currently stuck in the peak district with only my mobile to check the internet, my phone wont let me view the webcam! Could someone please post the latest webcam image here? Pretty please.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom

Attachments

• 12-Aug-09 13.17.jpg
    12-Aug-09 13.17.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 249

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Does anyone else think we're going to be able to see BUGGER ALL when the South Stand goes up ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Webcam will be moved prior to that, NJ advised this.

I thought I read that the webcam would not be moved around, as it was going to do a fixed position timelapse of the whole building project from start to finish (as someone wanted it panned right a bit so we could see more of the East Stand)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tis true they don't want it moved due wanting a time lapse "movie", but as seen once the south stand goes up. i will be just a single picture of the back of the stand.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if Jack Straw could take a picture of the webcam. I'm curious as to what it looks like now.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
it is just a small camera, about the size of a cereal box, starpped to a thin white pole, which is bolted to the roof of a portakabin at the top of the hill.

it is called 'camera one' so I suspect they may well leave it there, and install another one when the south stand begins to obscure things.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
magoo you are a gent! Thank you very much.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
the latest one looks a bit rum

nuclear-test-1.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Does anyone else think we're going to be able to see BUGGER ALL when the South Stand goes up ?

I'm not sure the view would be blocked as the webcam is set up in the south east corner and the outer clading wont be put up for some time. If it is perhaps they could just raise the tripod and point the camera downwards, i would imagine this wouldn't affect the time lapse too much either?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
i remember seeing a picture of it on a pole cemented in a oil drum.

I think JS corrected the comment with the picture later as that actually is a CCTV.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
When the web-cam was put up, it was said that it would need to be repositioned when the South Stand was erected as this will block the view of the West & North Stands.

Whether the club will leave the original (filming the back of the sand) and erect a second one, I do not know.

Knew i'd seen it, post #472 on the webcam thread

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
NJ - you're truly a gent. I hope you bosses know the value of what you are doing on the PR front.

Question - are you surprised by how much interest is shown in the build or is it pretty much what you expected or are we the most apathetic lot you've ever come across? Sometimes it strikes me that a great many grown men and women are hanging of every webcam update, Jack Straw Friday and NJ update and that can't be normal. but I have nothing to compare it to.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That looks like Johnny 5's bulimic cousin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here